Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cattledog, I haven't even reserved, wow I guess I will be waiting awhile when I do so in Sept. Which... suits my needs anyway, I will be needing to save up for roughly a year to get a payment that I can enjoy.

I am excited for you dsm363, pretty awesome to know its coming next month.

Bardlebee - Why don't you put in for a test drive at Houston, Dallas, and Austin? There's always a chance they'll have extra slots and you might get your first shot that way.

CD
He'd have to have a reservation. He could always reserve now and take the one time deferment next spring or place a second reservation in fall and cancel first one.

Last edited:
Well, its not that I don't want to reserve right now, but I have to save up for two months to get the 5k :p I don't just have it on the side unfortunately. I have been very focused on paying off my current car permanently. So, as I said above I will have to wait till Sep to reserve. I am not necessarily super eager to test drive because I know there will be plenty of time for that, the sentiment was more to hang out and talk about Tesla in real life with people that don't think I am crazy.

EDIT: Obviously everyone's opinions on financing are different, but I am shooting for a 700 or less car payment. I am seriously considering the 300 range after all so I will have to drop 40k or a bit more if I want that. I can "afford" a 2000 dollar car payment, but that's not for me. By afford, I mean not have much money left for other things like putting money away for savings/retirement/stocks and such. Want to get on that boat early. :)

What makes me think you can try for a test drive even without a reservation, if you want one, is the sign-up box on the 'Get Amped' homepage for non-reservation holders - might be for when cars are in showrooms, but might be for when a tour site has a spare slot.

The Get Amped Model S Tour | Tesla Motors

Doubt they've had any open slots up to now, but eventually they might. Never hurts to try.

Bardlebee - Why wouldn't you want to test drive if you could get one in Texas now during the August test drives (perhaps Houston showroom will have a car by early fall)?

Hey guys, so for those about the receive their cars here in a few months, have you looked into insurance rates for the Model S? What kind of deals have you gotten and what kind of coverage does it outline. I won't have to worry for another year (sigh) but I was curious.

Hey guys, so for those about the receive their cars here in a few months, have you looked into insurance rates for the Model S? What kind of deals have you gotten and what kind of coverage does it outline. I won't have to worry for another year (sigh) but I was curious.

There are threads on this. Here is one. Seems like between $800 to $1100 per year is typical except for some companies which charge way more.

Hey All,
Bought a used 2010 Roadster Sport (#751) on Thursday in New Jersey. On Friday I drove it to the Dealership in Washington DC (210 miles). Too bad half the trip was in driving rain! No leaks from the soft top. Of course I had to stop to charge. Luckily I had bought Henry Sharp's Can (Tesla => J1772 adapter) ahead of time. The tech at the dealership was amazing. He is checking it out, installing xenon headlights and then it ships out to me Monday. I might get it Wed or Thur. Friday was a tease. Sure is a cool car. Any of you contact me if you would like to meet. michael

Hey Guys, I'm actually quite interested to see the cars in person. I don't have one, nor am I planning to get one any time soon. I recently purchased a 2012 A6 fully loaded. I ran across this and realized that there are people in San Antonio with it! I've seen one at UTSA and really got me curious!

M-F: I have reservation # 7006, just finalized a couple weeks ago, looking at February(doubt it)-March(more likely) for delivery. My wife and I had a delivery party for dsm, we'll definitely have one when mine comes. If dsm wants to have another show and tell at our pad before that, we're in - we just have to have the Tesla wine glasses delivered by then (not kidding).

cattledog

I am in San Antonio, and I have been planning on putting in my reservation closer to september. I am not a doctor or a lawyer and don't make lakes full of cash so I need to save up for awhile if I want to stick to being debt free.... or close to it :)

<snip>

Same here, BB. I am an engineer, and my Model S will be a large percentage of a years paycheck! Same here on the "debt free"

Just got the 'we can get your car to you sooner' e-mail on Thursday. Said yes, and when I got home from work last night we had the big red delivery button. Let my 10 year-old son push it as he has this Tesla itch he can't scratch. Said December 15-31st delivery! We'll see...at any rate, dsm has the glasses, his and ours, and we'll be having an 'it's a Tesla' party soon. Do you put out a stork with those pink balloons, light blue, or the color of your car (dk blue)?

Dave, show everyone the glasses, they're cool!

Just got the 'we can get your car to you sooner' e-mail on Thursday. Said yes, and when I got home from work last night we had the big red delivery button. Let my 10 year-old son push it as he has this Tesla itch he can't scratch. Said December 15-31st delivery! We'll see...at any rate, dsm has the glasses, his and ours, and we'll be having an 'it's a Tesla' party soon. Do you put out a stork with those pink balloons, light blue, or the color of your car (dk blue)?

Dave, show everyone the glasses, they're cool!

Here they are
wineglass.jpg