Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego Area Superchargers (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is another permit that was given "FINAL" status 4/11 for 14 Electric Vehicle Charging Stations on 1335 Park Center Drive.
Morrow-Meadows is listed. What do folks think?

11/29/2017 0:00 2/21/2018 0:00 4/11/2018 0:00 2190106500 1335 PARK CENTER DR INSTALL 14 ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS FINALED NA 35000 1413.59 MORROW-MEADOWS COPRORATION ALL ONE GOD FAITH INC MORROW-MEADOWS COPRORATION

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
This is the info for the 9 EV chargers mentioned by @2T Stano - it is something associated with SDG&E as the contractor.

2/2/2018 0:00 3/8/2018 0:00 1660545600 1910 - 1968 VIA CENTRE INSTALL 9 ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS ISSUED NA 32000 1357.58 SAN DIEGO GAS & ELECTRIC CREEKVIEW ORTHOPAEDIC BUILDING L L C

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
The 1910-1968 Via Centre site is a large medical/dental office complex, so although it is across the street from a shopping mall it seems more likely that it is conventional chargers. The Park Center Drive site is an office park, so it's not an expected site for superchargers. It's an impressive number of chargers at both places though.

The 1910-1968 Via Centre site is a large medical/dental office complex, so although it is across the street from a shopping mall it seems more likely that it is conventional chargers. The Park Center Drive site is an office park, so it's not an expected site for superchargers. It's an impressive number of chargers at both places though.

I agree. Odd locations for Superchargers, and neither permit says anything about Tesla. They could just be regular chargers for employees.

6E754F32-4231-4B87-9B2F-3E90FCBBE798.jpeg

6 pack Tesla stack in queue at Qualcomm which equates to about a 40 minute wait on this normal Friday afternoon. With downtown construction underway, I hope the Chula Vista site gets a permit soon. Please Tesla!

28,800 kWh would be the max possible for a 12 stall site assuming an average of 100 kW being delivered at each stall. This number of course isn't realistic with tapering and jockeying into the stalls, etc., but it's at least theoretically possible if people only charged 10-60% and were constantly replaced by a waiting Tesla. So at 6403 kWh, this site has delivered 22.2% of the maximum possible energy. Would be interesting if they provided that number in another column on the chart as it is obviously apples to oranges to compare a 12 stall site to a 20 stall site.

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
Each SC pair of stalls is capable of 145kW combined so I believe the max for this site is more like 20,880kWh. It is operating at almost at 31% capacity. I think if this SC site were expanded to 20 stalls, it would still remain full from 6am - 11pm.
Ah yes. Actually I think it's 135 max, but thanks for the correction. 30% ish is a reasonable estimate.

I had hope that after getting approval for the Downtown Supercharger Tesla would have concentrated on getting one in East County, along the I-8 route for visitors/locals heading into and out of San Diego to the east of Downtown.

If possible I believe the Walmart Supercenter at the Los Coches Road exit would be great, 24/7 restroom. Take it from someone who uses the Supercharger stations for long trips driving through the night. There have been times I almost used the bushes. Save an old 2-liter soda bottle just in case.

We already have Temecula up the I-15, and San Clemente and SJC on the I-5, with Carlsbad now under construction.

I am just happy to have the one Downtown almost ready for business. I will probably only use it once, just to say I have been there, and if I plan it right I will try to be the first, LOL. But even though I will not be a regular at this Supercharger (I already have an L-2 EVSE in my garage that I use to charge back up to 70% each night) I am happy that visitors to San Diego have an alternative to Qualcomm.

Just took a look at the updated Superchargers map from Tesla and the San Diego downtown location details show San Ysidro, CA. Maybe a sign of things to come?
The map was updated a couple hours ago and I'm guessing they screwed up here. Probably meant to put a dot at San Ysidro and obviously the SD downtown location should be labeled as such. With a projected date of 2019, I wouldn't be holding my breath on San Ysidro though lol.

The map was updated a couple hours ago and I'm guessing they screwed up here. Probably meant to put a dot at San Ysidro and obviously the SD downtown location should be labeled as such. With a projected date of 2019, I wouldn't be holding my breath on San Ysidro though lol.

My guess is if there is, in fact, a San Ysidro SC in the future, it would be at the outlets. It is a good place to charge up right before crossing the border. But, time will tell.

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi and GuyDude