Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santa Elon New Software Easter Egg Version 2020.48.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been several posts from owners that have contacted Tesla. They OTA remove some of the unnecessary data, partition the drive, and it seems to have resurrected some of the early computers with no cost.

Being in the IT world, you probably have seen lots of clever work arounds for known issues.

Worth a call...
- been there, done that, it doesnt fix anything
-this is a car that went for say, north of 70k and up when new. First time I've ever had to restart infotainment systems regularly in ANY car. I don't expect this on a luxury sedan.

lot's of brilliant programmers at Tesla, but they need to fix the problems they've developed, not just add new things. Just my $.02

-this is a car that went for say, north of 70k and up when new. First time I've ever had to restart infotainment systems regularly in ANY car. I don't expect this on a luxury sedan.

lot's of brilliant programmers at Tesla, but they need to fix the problems they've developed, not just add new things. Just my $.02

Keep in mind - this is a computer that shipped in 2012.

If you had used the Cadillac CUE system in my 2013 SRX... by 2014 I was ready to scratch my eyeballs out. And their only fix was to /buy a new car/...

At least Tesla offers you an upgrade path to the latest computer. Who else sells a wholesale computer upgrade for a 9 year old car? That’s a HUGE breath of fresh air!

yea my 9 year old laptop barely works now...how dare the industry innovate and make old hardware obsolete.

The fact that Tesla is even pushing updates for your hardware is beyond me. You never needed to restart any other cars infotainment system because it was locked to a single firmware since day 1 and never changed.

If you want the same experience just ask Tesla to roll back your firmware to what it shipped with when you got it

PJg89tZ.png
So... basically just like every other release, ever.

• Funny
Reactions: Tundrok
yea my 9 year old laptop barely works now...how dare the industry innovate and make old hardware obsolete.

The fact that Tesla is even pushing updates for your hardware is beyond me. You never needed to restart any other cars infotainment system because it was locked to a single firmware since day 1 and never changed.

If you want the same experience just ask Tesla to roll back your firmware to what it shipped with when you got it
If only they would roll firmware back...

Then maybe early adopters could supercharge at advertised speeds and drive with advertised range.

You are acting like updates only provide new functionality when in reality they also take existing functionality away over time. Not a good trade off in my book.

It’s interesting how a large number of Tesla owners are already on 2020.48.12.1 making me believe this is the holiday upgrade and features would be available soon.
This has been covered about a hundred times already. Tesla pushed 48.12.1 as quickly as possible to fix a super nasty security issue. There are no magic beans in it waiting to activate.