Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scottish Power for export?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an Octopus Go customer I currently receive just 4.1p per kWh for exported electricity from Octopus. I've recently applied to Scottish Power to put my exported electricity to them, as they are offering 12p per kWh at the moment. I applied several weeks ago and had an automated reply but nothing since. Anyone had any experience of switching export to Scottish Power?

As an Octopus Go customer I currently receive just 4.1p per kWh for exported electricity from Octopus. I've recently applied to Scottish Power to put my exported electricity to them, as they are offering 12p per kWh at the moment. I applied several weeks ago and had an automated reply but nothing since. Anyone had any experience of switching export to Scottish Power?
I emailed them months ago and never heard anything either. I mean what's the point!

I looked into as well.
You need to provide them with system schematics (if you have battery storage) that show that you cannot export to the grid from battery.
As that is impossible for me (the PWs are not configurable for export, but they CAN do it if ever that option becomes available with a software update) I gave up then…

British Gas offering 6.4 p kWh Currently. No need to have BG import

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
Applied for the Scottish Power SEG back in April. As of yesterday we're now fully on-board. So it would appear that Powerwall ownership is not a barrier.

@ACarneiro: We sent them our schematic, which is probably pretty similar to 99% to any other PW installation. Perhaps they've changed their policy since you applied. Or perhaps the G98 limitation on our PW swung it for us.

Regardless, it's now more cost-effective for me to charge the cars overnight on the Go rate than it is to charge them from solar, which seems wrong from an eco point of view...

Reactions: ACarneiro
I am using them for FIT and they pay after 3 weeks; Scotting Power are much better than SSE. I'm now moving to Octopus as they are more efficient and helpful.

Applied for the Scottish Power SEG back in April. As of yesterday we're now fully on-board. So it would appear that Powerwall ownership is not a barrier.

@ACarneiro: We sent them our schematic, which is probably pretty similar to 99% to any other PW installation. Perhaps they've changed their policy since you applied. Or perhaps the G98 limitation on our PW swung it for us.

Regardless, it's now more cost-effective for me to charge the cars overnight on the Go rate than it is to charge them from solar, which seems wrong from an eco point of view...
Interesting, it could be the G98 limitation or maybe they just don’t care THAT much?
The yearly peak solar export will come to an end before I could move to them even if I tried again anyway, so I’ll just let it rest for the time being and see what’s available next year.
Thank you for the update! :)