TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screen Bezel/Frame Replacement?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Ph33zy, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Ph33zy

Ph33zy Member

I'm not sure how I got two little dings/sent on my the bottom bezel/frame of my touchscreen display.

The OCD in me wants to get it replaced (probably can't be fixed since it looks like plastic).

Has anyime gone through service center for this and have an idea of how much parts and labor would be?

Is it just me or is the frame made of poor materials? Are these dings common for owners? Again, no idea how I got this and am wondering if it was there when I took delivery of a new inventory car and just never noticed until now.

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Well, it is aluminium so it would be prone to denting. I have seen this kind of damage on just about every brand of car that uses metal trim on the dash/trim panels. Personally, I would buy the part (either from Tesla or used) and just replace it myself.

3. scottm

scottm Active Member

If the dings are small... only you are noticing them.. leave it alone.

It's good practice for your OCD to acknowledge they're there... but choose to do nothing about it.

After about a year... you'll stop noticing. And you'll be that much stronger!

I have a ding on the bottom of the bezel too, I think. I forget now. See!! It's working on me!

• Funny x 1
  4. Ph33zy

Ph33zy Member

You guys are all too logical!

5. kp.sfo

kp.sfo Member

6. Ph33zy

Ph33zy Member

Thanks. I have a dent in the exact same spot. Seems like a common problem.

7. lakerholic

lakerholic Member

Same/similar dent(s)...same OCD issue :/