Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen protector?

Screen Protector (Yes/No/Would Consider)

• Yes

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Would Consider?

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose this is a matter of personal preference... and there are different types (material) of screen protectors out there

When I bought my car... I got myself a 9H Glass Protector... and I found that the screen protector nullified the anti-glare/reflective coating that is on the glass of the screen... which in turn made it very reflective under most situation to the point where I can't actually see the contents on screen... so I took it off

I think under most use... it's not easy to scratch the screen because it's not like your phone... it doesn't really come into contact with anything but your fingers... so I suppose other than ladies with hard objects glued onto their nails... it should be fine... at least that's what i figured

If the only object touching the screen is your finger tip, a screen protector shouldn't be needed.

Never put on a screen protector on our first Model S (delivered January 2013) and haven't put one on our later 2017 S 100D and 2018 X 100D purchases...

I bought one for my MS due next month. I figure the investment may save an accident at some point, and know the screen is not a warranty item if scratched. I plan to keep the car a long time and don't want to take even the small risk, verses about $20. If the glare is an issue, it won't be the first time I wasted $20.

I am paranoid, so I put one on. I hate finger prints on my devices so I am constantly cleaning the screen (Max of once a week). what if the cloth I use to clean it has a little pebble? scratching the protector would no matter as much as scratching the screen itself.
I am just paranoid and obsessive yes I know

I apply protectors to all devices I own/use that have screens that will be intentionally touched. I tend to buy equipment at the high end, but then hold on to it for a very long time, exercising careful stewardship over it; I intend my Model S to be the last car I own. Do you ever let children into your car? Passengers who wear jewelry? Ever let someone else drive it? Do you clean your screen to remove oil and fingerprints? There are lots of sources of potential damage to the screen. I installed the matte version of the Abstract Ocean "HD 5H Anti-Scratch and Anti-Shock Screen Protector," and have been very happy with it. Well worth the small investment, and easily replaced if something ugly happens.