Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat mods for "tall torso" drivers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 6'2" but taller than a 6'5" friend when sitting down, so I'm very tall in the upper torso.

I just bought a 2013 CPO P85 and the seat backs are too short, they jab me in the base of the neck/ top of the back. I tried sitting in the 2017 S with the adjustable headrests and it was worse. They adjust down, not up and the headrest sticks more forward for clearance.

So the question is, is there a modification available, or a new seat option that would raise the headrest or lower the seating area?

The interior shop living right next to our local tesla body shop won't touch it because he believes that making any changes voids the warranty. Is he right?

-Greg

Agreed. Like so many other car seats, my next gen seats are designed for a 5'-8" driver.
I'm 6' with wide shoulders and more than an hour in the seats gives me upper back pain.
Unfortunately the movable lumbar support doesn't go high enough so I carry a pillow.
Effective but not elegant.
As time allows I want to increase the upper limit of the lumbar support.
Here's a video of seat back removal -
I doubt that the aftermarket shop work would void the warranty but you should probably ask Tesla to be sure.
Good luck.