I've had my Model 3 LR for about 2 months now and I love it (previous non-owner). When I put my deposit in back in 2016 on day 1 I also made a second deposit a few days later on 4/4 with the intention of also getting one for my wife. However, I am not sure now if we should get another model 3 when the second one comes up to configure or if we should wait for the Y. Factors affecting our decision: - Current car setup: Her car is fine so there's no immediate need in the next 5 years for another car so waiting for the Y will not be an issue. That being said she is insanely jealous of my 3. - Cargo room: Also not a concern although having more would be nice. - Small SUV vs Sedan: Wife would prefer a small SUV - Price: This is where things get interesting. A second Model 3 appears on paper to me to be $17,250 less! Price Breakdown: Model 3 LR AWD = 49,000 + 1,000 (paint) + 5,000 (AWD) + 1,000 (delivery) - 3,000 (CT Rebate) - 3,750 (Fed Credit) - 11,000 (current trade in) = $38,750 Model Y LR AWD = 59,000 + 1,000 (paint) + 1,000 (delivery) - 5,000 (trade in 3 years from now) = $56,000 Price conclusion: No rebates for Model Y and lower trade in value for her car in 3 years result in a delta of $17,250! Tech: Model Y will probably employ superior tech and have the latest Tesla features over the Model 3 What would you do in our situation? Am I missing anything I should be considering?