TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seeking Model S for professional photo shoot in New York City

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jeffL, Jun 2, 2013.

1. jeffL

jeffL New Member

Hi everyone,
    Well the title sums it up, but let me tell you about who I am, making this bold request! I have been doing high-end commercial photography for over 10 years, shooting dealer brochures and national ads for brands like Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Porsche, Ford, and many others. A few samples of my work are below.

I will be in Manhattan next week on business, and am trying to put together a photo shoot with a beautiful car- the Tesla Model S came to mind. Like another post on this forum- this is just for the beauty of it, not for a client.

I am trying to put this together for Thursday, June 6. Ideally, we will spend about 8-10 hours shooting on the streets of lower Manhattan. You can drive the car, or one of my professional assistants can. My business is fully insured, and we will have city filming permits. If it helps, I can pay you for your time and trouble- let's discuss it. I will give you high-quality jpegs, and can also do large gallery-quality prints.

This is a long shot, I'm sure! My team and I have been hunting through rental agencies and dealerships with no luck. If anyone has ideas - that's welcome too!

Thanks for looking!

Jeff

jeff_ludes_17.jpg jeff_ludes_19.jpg jeff_ludes_lifestyle_04.jpg jeff_ludes_63.jpg jeff_ludes_62.jpg jeff_ludes_lifestyle_01.jpg

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

If I wasn't away for a business trip, I'd drive to NYC for this. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a volunteer. But please shoot a multi-coat red car:) It will look great on the drab streets of the City.

3. Stimyg

Stimyg Member

PM me. Not sure I can help but let's see.

4. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Holy toledo that's beautiful. Wish I had a Model S to shoot. I have the wrong S.... an S2000 lol

5. jeffL

jeffL New Member

Thanks for the replies! Yes I would LOVE to shoot the red car against the grey city. Trying to not be picky just yet!

Stimyg- gonna send a message right now.

Jeff

6. jp158

jp158 Member

Hey Jeff

I have a pearl white with pano roof. Might consider but it seems your picky and want the red! Don't think there are any reds let a long Signature Red was is pretty than the change to red recently.
    Let me know what your thinking!

Joe

7. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

If you don't find someone local let me know and I'll see if I can drive up. An excuse to drive... and I can visit my NYC office. Although after the drive the car will be in desperate need of a good wash.

8. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

Man, I wish I could help with this... sounds like a good deal for some fun and good prints. Let me know if you want to hit the Bay Area, and/or San Francisco.

9. TheAustin

TheAustin Model S: P2009 P85

I'm not in NYC, but if you ever want to shoot a Model S P85 blue exterior/grey interior at/near the beach in the Hamptons, let me know. Far less permitting required!

10. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

Regardless of how it turns out, please share (some of) the results, will ya?

11. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Well I drive my black P85 up around 59th & lexington every day for work, but not really comfortable lending it out to a stranger (sorry) and I can't really get out of work for this, especially for 8-10 hours. so I don't think I can be of much help unless you want to take a ton of pictures in a crammed NYC parking lot lol

12. jeffL

jeffL New Member

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all the replies and messages. I had a great shoot last week in NYC, and will post the results once I get through with them. It will take some time for me to make selections and retouch them, and longer still if a paying gig comes through. But I look forward to sharing the images here once they are ready.

Special thanks to my volunteer car, of course!

Jeff

13. jeffL

jeffL New Member

Hi again everyone! It's a couple months later, and the shoot went off with much success! With such a huge body of images, it took quite a while to edit and retouch the final selection. But they are now up on my site, and headed out to impress clients.

A big thank you to my generous and brave Tesla owner for volunteering his baby for this- please say hi if you don't mind.

And thank you to everyone who replied- many kind offers that didn't work out logistically.

Now presenting the results. The full gallery at http://www.jeffludes.com/nyc

Jeff_Ludes_Tesla_NYC_01.jpg

Jeff_Ludes_Tesla_NYC_04.jpg

Jeff_Ludes_Tesla_NYC_06.jpg

Jeff_Ludes_Tesla_NYC_08.jpg

Jeff_Ludes_Tesla_NYC_10.jpg

Jeff_Ludes_Tesla_NYC_13.jpg

Jeff_Ludes_Tesla_NYC_17.jpg

Jeff_Ludes_Tesla_NYC_20.jpg

14. wormhole

wormhole Banned

Happy to, PM me.

15. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

The grey (that is the grey, right?) looks lovely too.

Thanks for sharing!

16. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Very nice photos, love the editing. :cool: