Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seems there are big changes coming with vehicles produced after October 21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to clean contacts on a supercharger handle that is not disconnected at the source is not a safe practice. Should not ever be attempted. As for the rest - I have to conclude that either your claim of power cut backs all over the country is a gross exaggeration, or the hypothesis of dirty contacts is off. My bet is on the former.
Isn't there some handshaking that needs to be done between SpC and vehicle before current starts flowing? Besides, as long as you clean one terminal at a time, you should be fine.

Sorry @verygreen for jumping in here...please continue. Enjoying this immensely.:)

Isn't there some handshaking that needs to be done between SpC and vehicle before current starts flowing? Besides, as long as you clean one terminal at a time, you should be fine.

Sorry @verygreen for jumping in here...please continue. Enjoying this immensely.:)

Yes to handshaking.

No for cleaning the contacts without disconnecting the power in a positive and visible way. This is not safe practice, and not to be taken lightly. Somebody might pay ultimate price for this. Feel free to google "arc flash" to see gory videos.

Trying to clean contacts on a supercharger handle that is not disconnected at the source is not a safe practice. Should not ever be attempted. As for the rest - I have to conclude that either your claim of power cut backs all over the country is a gross exaggeration, or the hypothesis of dirty contacts is off. My bet is on the former.

Thank you for the references. Consistent with my bet above. :)

The power cutbacks at superchargers are indeed all across the country.

Superchargers super-slow
Some California Superchargers not providing maximum charging rates

There are several others. Don't have time to look them up now.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Something for at least Buzz has to be coming...

Look at most posts here , people only jumping due to some kind of incentive or discount. Tesla , we are waiting.... or
Not at all if the right deal is not in place.

I must say as a potential buyer it really is a head scratcher the problems folks have with AP2 and some other things missing, fits and finish items included from the car....