Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And then the gap fill failed. But hey it's probably not going to go the rest of the way to 200. 🤣
1696342743637.png

Anyone noticing there have been zero high profile downgrades on TSLA post P&D? Do these analysts really need more than 5 minutes to plug in the numbers? Or are they allowing smaller bears to be squeezed out first?

Delivery & ASP dropped. Are they going to "wait & see" ER? Or are they going to strike first, squeeze out all weak hands before ER and decrease their cost basis going into it?

Closed all my -260Cs today at 245 for ~80% profit FWIW

Still have -245p for 10/13... could roll for even down to -235 for other side of ER but still plenty of time to burn off this one right now
if it was me, I'd be a lot more concerned about those -245p. The schedule says things are about to get real bad real soon. Tomorrow could be the last chance to de-risk. NTA.

if it was me, I'd be a lot more concerned about those -245p. The schedule says things are about to get real bad real soon. Tomorrow could be the last chance to de-risk. NTA.

NFA question:

I am currently holding:
xxxx TSLA shares @$305
xxxx +C150 12/2025 @$131
xxxx -P300 12/2025 @$92.00
xxxx -C500 12/2025 @41.38

From what you've been sharing I gather the next pop to $252 is the last chance to exit the long shares + long calls and stay in cash until $230's, correct?
And maybe STO some 10/20 $250 short calls?

(And leave the 2025 short puts and short calls alone.)

Last edited:
so 244.50-ish within half an hour to an hour possible
got that one on the head
Speaking of Head& shoulders. On the daily, there could be developing one. Just a little drop needed, then back to 244 to confirm the neckline and then 244- (299-244) = 189 target. That would certainly be nice (for me, being bare-handed, converting the virtual gain on Delta from selling around 265 to buying plus gains on -C to finally get back in big (plus -P a lot once we get there to load up some nice LEAPS as well.)).
But first we have to make a drop and bounce to 244. Not today it seems. It's a move on the daily, so will take a week to two weeks or so.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Anyone noticing there have been zero high profile downgrades on TSLA post P&D? Do these analysts really need more than 5 minutes to plug in the numbers? Or are they allowing smaller bears to be squeezed out first?

Delivery & ASP dropped. Are they going to "wait & see" ER? Or are they going to strike first, squeeze out all weak hands before ER and decrease their cost basis going into it?
It is looking like wait & see as of now. Basically, let the ER come, see how bad the numbers are, let the stock go down, and then buy low. That’s what it looks to me now…but probably too early to declare that as we still have 2 weeks to go before ER.

And while TSLA is down today, it’s showing relative strength today compared to peers…look at QQQ and other big tech stocks. Not sure what explains this relative strength today.

Last edited:
NFA question:

I am currently holding:
6,000 TSLA shares @$305
8x +C150 12/2025 @$131
12x -P300 12/2025 @$92.00
60x -C500 12/2025 @41.38

From what you've been sharing I gather the next pop to $252 is the last chance to exit the long shares + long calls and stay in cash until $230's, correct?

low 250 for exit yes. 230 for re-entry, no - maybe.

Also, while TSLA is down today, it’s showing relative strength compared to peers…look at other big tech stocks.

Seen this "relative strength" movie so many times :). It makes no sense given the lack of any positives. It's like they pull the last of the bulls in and then drop the stock 2$ in 2 minutes.

NFA question:

I am currently holding:
xxxx TSLA shares @$305
xxxx +C150 12/2025 @$131
xxxx -P300 12/2025 @$92.00
xxxx -C500 12/2025 @41.38

We already did the math. ;-0