Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA - what a tease this morning - up nearly $6 but back down to red in under 1hr.
Is there any information you crave or knowledge you want the rest of the world/market to understand that would push it up?

Same really goes for anyone with a bullish thesis.

My current checklist for upward movement from here is a bit too negative right now so I will hold back. The most material action IMO though is releasing FSD 12.4.

Reactions: Max Plaid
@Yoona When you get a chance can you share how you like to set the Option Order Flow filter (if >dollar amount, bid, ask, etc.)?

View attachment 1051920
either
1717085379662.png

1717085494150.png

the last one is what i'm busy with rn

1717085710299.png

How do we know that less inventory means more sales? Perhaps they pulled-back on production, we just don't know

In any case, where are you seeing inventory, I no longer see in-stock cars on Tesla's website, they stopped that and just match exiting inventory with new orders as far as I can tell

You’re forgetting about all of the excess production from Q1. Tesla could lower production rates materially (and they definitely are lowering production rates and laying off corresponding workers) and the excess inventory still more than accounts for that

Look at China. There’s rumors that production has been reduced there and yet Q2’s deliveries are now 17% higher than Q1. Because they’re working their way through excess inventory

You’re forgetting about all of the excess production from Q1. Tesla could lower production rates materially (and they definitely are lowering production rates and laying off corresponding workers) and the excess inventory still more than accounts for that

Look at China. There’s rumors that production has been reduced there and yet Q2’s deliveries are now 17% higher than Q1. Because they’re working their way through excess inventory
I drive by a Tesla dealer 2x a week, I can confirm there is literally no inventory on the lots now when there was tons in Q1.

Also less exports or no exports?

…and now the dip is great to sell them off into. More profit could be made by holding, I’m sure, but *nothing* wrong with locking in these profits and relaxing for the rest of the day. GLHF all! :)
I mean, I *want* to just kick back and relax for the rest of the day...but when I glance at my watch and see that TSLA is once again up almost $2 on the day, I have to ask myself if I should hop back on the laptop long enough to re-buy those puts to ride them yet again... :)

Table change:

1717097591769.png

How to read the above:
Bearish
First line - Red dominates
Second line - Red dominates
[Third line - Ignore]
Fourth line - Green dominates
Fifth line - Green dominates

Bullish
First line - Green dominates
Second line - Green dominates