Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dl003 Nice work! Have you cut your +P175's or holding for retrace still? Theta will eat them up starting Monday.

1719585906616.png

Reactions: UncaNed
I'm gonna wait for 199-195.

Looking a bit further out, I'm holding a few long-dated slightly red short calls (-C245 10/18/24; -C270 3/21/25; -C270 6/20/25; -C300 6/20/25). Worth to close at this retrace to $190's to re-sell at next apex (i.e., $240's) or hold through since we can fail at $207 and go to $180's?

Reactions: UncaNed
Opened SMCI puts after closing them yesterday. I love the up and down.

Why is Tesla in the $200's? Deliveries will be lower year to year but higher than Q1 but that should be expected since Q1 is seasonally terrible. Margins should be higher since they increase inventory prices from Q1 but they offered 0% interest that should come at a cost; prices are higher $5-4K vs the lowest price in Q1 in my area. I though Tesla would chop under $200 for longer. One thing that is bullish is that Elon seems to be more level headed right now and posting more about Tesla... who knows if it will last.

Opened SMCI puts after closing them yesterday. I love the up and down.

Why is Tesla in the $200's? Deliveries will be lower year to year but higher than Q1 but that should be expected since Q1 is seasonally terrible. Margins should be higher since they increase inventory prices from Q1 but they offered 0% interest that should come at a cost; prices are higher $5-4K vs the lowest price in Q1 in my area. I though Tesla would chop under $200 for longer. One thing that is bullish is that Elon seems to be more level headed right now and posting more about Tesla... who knows if it will last.
One thing about having a boat load of money, is you can use it to tell everybody else what to think. Big money is not going to wait for the good news to come out and buy with the rest of us. They're going to use seasonality and math & psychology to create FOMO before the facts and sell after.

Looking a bit further out, I'm holding a few long-dated slightly red short calls (-C245 10/18/24; -C270 3/21/25; -C270 6/20/25; -C300 6/20/25). Worth to close at this retrace to $190's to re-sell at next apex (i.e., $240's) or hold through since we can fail at $207 and go to $180's?
I have a few similar strikes; my strategy is to wait it out. I believe the first window for >240 is after the earnings report, and it is more likely to see <180 next week. (Which if my inner Yoda is working would mean a rotation into NVDA.)

Reactions: Jim Holder
One thing about having a boat load of money, is you can use it to tell everybody else what to think. Big money is not going to wait for the good news to come out and buy with the rest of us. They're going to use seasonality and math & psychology to create FOMO before the facts and sell after.
Very under appreciated Wall Street strategy. This happens all the time and still general public buys into it.
Kind of like all the FUD around Tesla and the general public (sadly some of TMC) believes it also.