Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The IV is staying high - makes closing BPS early not as profitable but does allow one to open more BPS or roll lower strike ones up to reap more profit. The shareholder meeting is probably the reason IV is staying high and we should see a nice IV crash Friday morning.
Sound reasoning but the Giga Berlin opening could also keep IV high, no?

It's an eventful week in the world of Tesla.

so is everyone snapping up their BPS this morning? seems like a good time to do so. I feel left out, lol.

sold 20x CC @ 820 strike, 10/8 exp at $1.15 earlier today.

I am so tempted to sell some calls to balance my put spreads... but what if at the Thursday shareholder event they announce that Austin is starting production? I can't get over a possibility like that.

I am so tempted to sell some calls to balance my put spreads... but what if at the Thursday shareholder event they announce that Austin is starting production? I can't get over a possibility like that.

I looked at this possibility this AM as well. What I was comfortable with (860 and up) was paying peanuts, so I didn't view the risk worth it.

I too am wondering what the SP effect will be. I'm hoping that by tomorrow afternoon my 580/680 spreads will have dropped in value enough that I can roll them to next week before a possible SP spike. Right now they have about $1.25 in value left.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Why close it now with 25% of the premium left on the table?

FWIW I closed my weekly BPSes within the last half hour or so.

I was over 80% profit and wanted to be out before the shareholder meeting.

It's entirely possible they announce Y production starting immediately and this was a mistake- but also possible they announce anything less than that and it was a smart move.

It was enough uncertainty I was ok with "only" 80% profit.

Specifically, these were 645/745 spreads, sold 10/1 for net credit of $13.74 a share, and rebought for net debit of $2.58 a share. 81.22% of max net profit.

My next decision is if I want to get back in Friday or not... shareholder meeting could obviously influence- but there's also the Berlin event Saturday that has a similar may or may not include disappointing or positive news factor...so I might wait for Monday... or depending on the shareholder meeting news sell more conservative ones Friday instead.

bought 10x 10/15 700c from yesterdays order at the dip that triggered at open @86.60. Sold half on the rise @90, other half @92.5.
bought 10x 10/15 700c AGAIN @85 as we dipped AGAIN. Sold half @90, other half greedy @95 (that did not trigger -.- 92.5 would have).

Sold 10x 825c for this friday @1.06 near the top. closed half for 0.5.
Order for agressive 800c this friday @5.4 still open. I have 10 DITM call expiring next week to cover them. Would close those @800 anyway - but this way i get paid 5.4k if we dont meet that threshold until friday.. :D Otherwise i just close them as a spread.

Also kneeled deeper into my 750/700 BPS yesterday again @4 (the third i sold @2.5 got reopened @4) & sold the third again for 2.5 today. Will close another third for 2$ & reopen both @3 or so again.

So far 7.7k realized today while TSLA is basically ±0.

I really like the swings .. :D

Is there any reason not to let your account get flagged as a pattern day trader? I'm thinking about triggering it just to stop the messages from popping up every time I enter a new position this week 🤔

Nope, embrace it. Happens once per account and then you forget about it.

Don't let it determine your investment decisions.

It's entirely possible they announce Y production starting immediately and this was a mistake- but also possible they announce anything less than that and it was a smart move.

Specifically, these were 645/745 spreads, sold 10/1 for net credit of $13.74 a share, and rebought for net debit of $2.58 a share. 81.22% of max net profit.

My next decision is if I want to get back in Friday or not... shareholder meeting could obviously influence- but there's also the Berlin event Saturday that has a similar may or may not include disappointing or positive news factor...so I might wait for Monday... or depending on the shareholder meeting news sell more conservative ones Friday instead.

Also, macro wise, the cloture vote on the clean debt limit bill already passed by the House is in the Senate this afternoon, which is almost guaranteed to be filibustered by Republicans. Even though I think default is still unlikely, and Republicans are signaling they'll allow Democrats to use reconciliation, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a negative market reaction on the news of the filibuster of the clean bill (the vote on which is expected sometime after 1PM EDT).

Last edited:

Nearly identical to my trade, but I have a few short puts left at $730, which I'm riding out a bit.

I'm looking to open new BPSs today as I feel that the OI will dictate we won't see less than $750 next week, but going to open much lower as there could be some juicy volatility after the shareholder meeting and Berlin opening.

Reactions: UltradoomY