Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey don't forget about me in your slack channel. 🥺

Hmm...+86% on my 720/620 BPS...hold till friday or close now...
Everyone here is welcome to join. The link was on a earlier post:

The reason was we didn't want all of our trades to be public, not like it matters yet but once we are all MM's then it might be an issue 🤣

Well... I'm out of all my 8/22 put spreads at 80-90%. I sold about half the normal number of 8/29s between yesterday and today. Premiums were "OK" given the distance from the stock price, though given the uncertainty I'd rather have been farther away. If there's a drop tomorrow I'm hoping for 5% or less, and I'll sell the other half of my spreads. But the stock could go sideways, could go up, so hard to predict. If the drop is more than 5% I plan to buy back short legs first thing and let long legs ride a bit.

This week I'm really just hoping to make my income goal, whereas the past couple weeks I've been aggressively exceeding it.

Reactions: cbh03

It's a beat across the board (except FCF slightly down yoy), but is it a big enough beat to send $TSLA 🚀🌑

I think it's good enough to continue the steady run up, but expect some volatility this week, as usual

1634761117946.png

I'm out of my positions as well. Premiums were so small that it just wasn't worth it.

Same. Dry powder at the ready now.
I am letting the rest of my 10/22 BPS ride out to Friday. I have plenty of uncommitted margin and plan on mostly holding off until after earnings. I figure why close out for 90 % when I don‘t need the capital and if I want to I can put on more positions for next week as I see fit.
I did sell a small amount of BPS for 10/29 for a small credit figuring these are very safe and still a 3% return

STO 30 X 740/690 for $1.65
It’s a 3% return and the strike is over 14% OTM. Worst thing I think could happen is premiums rise and I left money on the table

To risk mitigate a bit, BTC 1/2 of 102221C840 contracts and STO same number of 102921C860 at $0.00 net credit (via GTC at ~2:30 ET at BTC price; at closing, last trades of the two show a net debit of $6.50). Now have only the remaining 1/2 of 10/22 covered calls to fiddle after ER. Objective is to hold the shares without rolling out too far.

The 1.86 EPS is going to show up in the headlines as a match or slight beat I expect, not a big beat / success.

So as a long term buy and hold investor I love what I see right off the bat. Pretty much because it sums up as "execution and forward progress right on track".

But in the very short term, I think down is far more likely than up tomorrow. In a week or 3 I have no trouble seeing the shares heading back up again. But tomorrow I expect the immediate reaction to be sell-the-news on a match.

After hours is off $7ish so far, to whatever degree you grant after hours as meaningful.
Several years ago I remember AAPL constantly beating estimates and dropping after earnings were reported.
I read an article that said to the effect that AAPL didn’t beat the streets estimates as much as they were expected to beat them!

IMO we could also see profit taking for the next day or two but afterwards the SP should be back on the rise

Reactions: Ogre and EnzoXYZ
Several years ago I remember AAPL constantly beating estimates and dropping after earnings were reported.
I read an article that said to the effect that AAPL didn’t beat the streets estimates as much as they were expected to beat them!

IMO we could also see profit taking for the next day or two but afterwards the SP should be back on the rise
Yup I’m betting on this and failed to mention I opened BCS to form ICs this morning. All 970+ for end of this week.

Slow and steady wins the House race.