Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The trace would be Form-4 Filings, that would only have to be submitted today (i think even after close is fine)... So it MAY appear later there if he sold parts.
I get that Elon may need, at some point to sell some stock, may... but I don't see the need to do that now and definitely not on the open market or, if he did, slowly. Not in his interests to dump the stock price either right now

So I don't think it's the case... key word is "think", because I have no idea, but makes no sense to me for him to do that

A while ago E*TRADE gave me a call saying that I had about 15 minutes to clear my margin call before they take action to clear it for me. So I did the best I could and cleared it, but of course since then TSLA has gone up ~$30. But I can't blame them, this is all on me. I wasn't properly prepared to handle the early assignment, and made mistakes. I hope that I am better equipped to handle this if it ever happens again. (Which of course I hope it doesn't.)

I just gave up and rolled my -850/750s to next week. We can proceed to close above $900 now.

Edit: never fails
It's extraordinary how often these reversals happen literally seconds or a handful of minutes after you've "made up you mind" and made a trade. They are in our brains!

Flip rolled 1/3 of my 790/650s to 950/1090 for tomorrow when we almost got to even about 15 minutes ago. Only did it because I got a message from Fidelity that I needed to take immediate action on my account. Now I have almost $1m in margin again. Need to not blow past 950 tomorrow.
Good luck and hang in there!

And thanks for taking one for the team. 😅

I just gave up and rolled my -850/750s to next week. We can proceed to close above $900 now.

Edit: never fails
If you are worried like I am that Amazon's earnings announcement later today will sink the market tomorrow, this could still be a good move.

When SP hit 860 I rolled my few 4/29 900/700 BPS all the way to 6/17 910/710 just to match up with most of my BPSs. I had hoped to return to weeklies with SP > 1000 but will stick to the safety of monthlies 30-60 DTE for now...

Reactions: UltradoomY
I rolled my 860-800 to May 6th. If this is Elon selling, I probably should have rolled out further. This won't have any impact on the business long term, but it would have been shrewd to take money off the table or sell aggressive CC's once he started discussing buying twitter. I just missed selling 10 CCs at 1050 on Monday, tried to squeeze an extra dime on the sale 🤦‍♂️
At least I didn't sell CC's at the low this morning. I wish I slept in though. I did let my 810-750 BPS ride at least. Anyone selling CC's into strength?

Trying to close out at 70% average across the three spreads and get this ... Fidelity

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 2.54.47 PM.png

I have some BPS expiring tomorrow (735/935 and 700/900) that are underwater. With the recent rise in sp, I am torn between rolling them now or waiting until tomorrow. Apple and/or Amazon earnings could weigh heavily on the sp direction tomorrow. If they beat expectations, then the BPS could expire worthless. On the other hand, if they miss, I could be kicking myself for not closing today. Any not advice would be appreciated.

I have some BPS expiring tomorrow (735/935 and 700/900) that are underwater. With the recent rise in sp, I am torn between rolling them now or waiting until tomorrow. Apple and/or Amazon earnings could weigh heavily on the sp direction tomorrow. If they beat expectations, then the BPS could expire worthless. On the other hand, if they miss, I could be kicking myself for not closing today. Any not advice would be appreciated.
you could split the difference and roll one now.

TSLA seems less predictable and rational than usual these days

• Informative
Reactions: EVCollies and cbh03
I ended up rolling the 735/935 to 700/890 (3:2 ratio) on 5/6 for a small credit. I closed out the 700/900 at a loss. Looking at my overall portfolio, a large drop tomorrow could put me close to a margin call. I'd rather close out the 700/900 to free up some room and live to fight another day. I hope that hindsight shows that I should have waited until tomorrow.

Flip rolled 1/3 of my 790/650s to 950/1090 for tomorrow when we almost got to even about 15 minutes ago. Only did it because I got a message from Fidelity that I needed to take immediate action on my account. Now I have almost $1m in margin again. Need to not blow past 950 tomorrow.
I was able to close the 950/1090 BCS that I flip rolled for what I paid for the original 790/650 a couple days ago (that I should never have opened in the first place because I knew a drop could cause the margin problem I had today - I just didn't think we would get such a drop). As long as we stay above 790 for my remaining BPSs tomorrow, I'll be good. It still blows my mind that we aren't over 1100 right now.

I am so slow to learn that nothing blows up your portfolio like a poorly timed Margin Call.

Good luck everyone.