Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PPI was good...for the stock market...and hopefully will get Chair Powells attention.

I think we will be testing @dl003 wave 1 limit ($230 I believe) at some point in the near future.
Yep, it looks like I should have taken profits on my CCs yesterday. I might be rolling for a while....
Looking more and more like I had to close positions and take a permanent 25% loss in my wealth because of one week of really low SP after surviving 10 months....

Yep, it looks like I should have taken profits on my CCs yesterday. I might be rolling for a while....
Looking more and more like I had to close positions and take a permanent 25% loss in my wealth because of one week of really low SP after surviving 10 months....
We may have a chance if we see a morning dip like when we got CPI numbers last week.
Edit:

And this: *TESLA $TSLA CUTS DELIVERY TIME FOR MODEL 3, MODEL Y CARS TO MINIMUM ONE WEEK - REUTERS

Last edited:
Yes, I closed out positions and took hits, sold shares, tried to reposition with LEAPs not because of the macros, which it seems I had set up for properly, but because of Elon selling TSLA for TWTR. Had it not been for just that one event, EM liquidating, my margin account would be doing very well indeed.

Funny part is I had hedges on the macros and other big tech to account for my too much TSLA and they got hammered as well as the market went up while TSLA tanked 7% daily. Ugh what a mess. Play with fire….

We are still here, hopefully the wiser.

It's a big OPEX this week, with a huge call-wall at c200, hence a walk-down now somewhat against the indices and other tech stocks...

I put in an optimistic sell order for -c205's for this week, hoping to take advantage of any early pop and IV spike

I think our $205/$207.50 are okay for Friday 11/18, we’ll see……….I’m thinking to roll to 12/2 +10%OTM on Wed/Thu. Impression is higher closing cost is covered by higher premium from extra day or two of DTE, but I don’t have statistics on it.

Reactions: Discoducky
You have any pennies in play? or what is your entry point?

I had 10x -c200s for this week backed by 10x +c200 for next week, but closed 5x 11/18 at open.

Really tempted to sell 210s against next week’s 200s now but have been burned before selling at the beginning of a rally after enduring through big drops and stagnation.

So far so good. This red wave 3 has 2 potential targets: 199 and 205. The fact that we already made an intraday high above 199 makes me think 205 more likely than not is in play. Looking for a false breakout of this rising wedge or whatever consolidation pattern we'll be in later today or early tomorrow, before pulling back to the 195-196 area. Choppy next few days. Invalidated if we fill the opening gap today.
1668527303245.png

Speaks to just how damaged TSLA is that reclaiming $200 is as tough as this even on back-to-back soft inflation prints.
QQQ is hitting major resistance around $293 and hasn't been able to break it. This corresponds to Tesla around ~$200.5 at the moment. The last touch of QQQ near $293 seemed to send macros down so we may have a bit of trouble running a lot higher today. It may take a bit of a breather before we can run higher this week. Of course we also can expect MM's to take control to try and prevent the 44,000 high $200 Call wall being breached.

I've got 155/170 BPS decaying away nicely and have been day trading CC's on the dips and DITM BPS/Shares combos on the rises to keep things interesting.

200 is such a big psychological number we need to break before heading higher. It's nice to see TSLA somewhat outperform today, but as SPY might pull back anytime soon, I don't see >200 happens today, hopefully it will be at the end of this week.
an Inside Bar going up on a res (ie 200 round number) may signal a reverse downwards, and it did

edit: happened twice today

1668529324976.png

1668528572132.png

Last edited: