Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call writers are more generous today ... call / put ratio about 2.5 to 1

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 11.46.43 AM.png

Todays intraday chart is forming a falling wedge pattern, which is bullish. Could see a breakout in the next hour or two. 👀

I’d be looking for a run from 197 to 200 or thereabouts.

** scratch that - market dumped and broke the pattern. Why can’t we have nice things?
Reports that Russian missiles meant for Ukraine hit Poland and killed two people - I'm guessing that's the reason for the market-side selloff, can't see anything else

Reactions: UltradoomY
I sold 5x -c200's earlier when the stock was up, I let them run. Just five contracts, easy to roll if needed, but with that huge call-call at 200, I think the stock will be held down, if necessary
Also holding my 200s for this week. If nothing else they've got lots of time value to melt off over the remainder of the week, and I tend to agree with all of this.

Also continuing to hold my 175 and 180 bps ($20 wide spread). These are ANOTHER example (2 in 3 days?) where I decided on a trade and held out for a couple of extra pennies, and didn't actually complete the trade.

Wanted to close at .32 - got to .33, and now I'm at .58. .32 would have been a 2/3rds gain in 1 day. Still liking the position and decent chance I have a better close tomorrow. But also a decent chance that I'd have had a good opportunity to open a new BPS tomorrow instead, and at this moment I'm not setup to take advantage.

When I decide I've got what I want out of a position - just let it go and don't sweat the pennies. And it was pennies - bid/ask was .01 or .02 apart. *sigh*

So far so good. This red wave 3 has 2 potential targets: 199 and 205. The fact that we already made an intraday high above 199 makes me think 205 more likely than not is in play. Looking for a false breakout of this rising wedge or whatever consolidation pattern we'll be in later today or early tomorrow, before pulling back to the 195-196 area. Choppy next few days. Invalidated if we fill the opening gap today.
View attachment 874838
Disregard this roadmap. This missile strike is throwing everything off. Let's watch our margin and wait a day to see how things develop. Personally I don't think this will lead to NATO's military getting into Ukraine but the momentum obviously has taken a big hit. If TSLA closes a 1H candle under 192, get defensive.

Why a 1 hour candle?
In an impulse, wave 1,3 and 5 should be made up by 5 sub-waves. Because of news of the missile strike, wave 3 looks like it has been shortened with its sub-waves all scrambled but I'm not so concerned about these sub structures. However, the SP has been struck out from the upward channel - not good. It's safe to assume wave 3 topped out @ 200.77 this morning. Now, we need waves 4 and 5 for bulls to keep confidence in the rally. Wave 4 shouldn't retrace deeper than 0.5 of wave 3 but 0.618 is generally where it stops. 0.618 is 192. Breaking 192, we still have 0.5 @ 189 but if you want some cushion, 192 is the level to watch. Pretty fascinating we stopped falling right @ 192, right? What I'm trying to say is: if it retraces to deeply, then it's no longer wave 4 of 1. If there's no wave 4 then it's less likely wave 1 of an impulse and more likely wave A of a correction. We don't want a correction within a bear trend. We want a new bull trend. 1H because that's my preferred timeframe to either confirm or invalidate wave counts at this degree.
1668547431362.png

Last edited:
i don't know what that means

... and sorry for too many posts, i am on vacation and not rly busy 🍷🏌️‍♀️
Probably just means calls have been traded more heavily than puts. Self explanatory since we've been bouncing off a major low. Does it mean a lot of juice is still left in the tank? I don't think so. Call IVs went down again today.

In an impulse, wave 1,3 and 5 should be made up by 5 sub-waves. Because of news of the missile strike, wave 3 looks like it has been shortened with its sub-waves all scrambled but I'm not so concerned about these sub structures. However, the SP has been struck out from the upward channel - not good. It's safe to assume wave 3 topped out @ 200.77 this morning. Now, we need waves 4 and 5 for bulls to keep confidence in the rally. Wave 4 shouldn't retrace deeper than 0.5 of wave 3 but 0.618 is generally where it stops. 0.618 is 192. Breaking 192, we still have 0.5 @ 189 but if you want some cushion, 192 is the level to watch. Pretty fascinating we stopped falling right @ 192, right? What I'm trying to say is: if it retraces to deeply, then it's no longer wave 4 of 1. If there's no wave 4 then it's less likely wave 1 of an impulse and more likely wave A of a correction. We don't want a correction within a bear trend. We want a new bull trend. 1H because that's my preferred timeframe to either confirm or invalidate wave counts at this degree.View attachment 874961
Very interesting @ 192. I'm looking at the 1D candles from today and yesterday and they look the same as both printed a higher low. Shouldn't that continue wave 3? Or is it not dependent on that as much as the sub-waves?

Probably just means calls have been traded more heavily than puts. Self explanatory since we've been bouncing off a major low. Does it mean a lot of juice is still left in the tank? I don't think so. Call IVs went down again today.

Most of the big runs started with low IV. I guess it makes sense from the big boys perspective. Load on calls on the cheap when IV is low and let the spring loose. I really think we will break decisively one way or the other.

I don't think so either. The stocks not performing to its beta. So the call options aren't doing their job. Retail may be interested but institutions have blacklisted this one for the quarter. We may be stuck in this funk while everything around us trades up.

Sold 3x more 11/18 200c and used proceeds to roll 2x 11/18 210p BPS down to 200p. Now have 8x 11/18 -c200 sold against 10x 11/25 +c200.

I'm feeling more bullish than some of you. Are we really going back to the 170s with Elon seemingly done selling for at least a while and now inflation seeming to have peaked? If not, that means it was bottom, so how long are they going to wait around here for people to load up on 2025 calls before going back the other way to margin call shorts and bear call spreads on the way up?

I'm not expecting any huge moves until after Q4 results quiet the China demand and Elon distracted FUD but I think it would be reasonable to drift up as we get closer to the end of the quarter as long we don't get any new bad news.