Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s great! This means one could consider STO -P180 tomorrow at lows for 8/24 (or 3/31) quite safely, no?
Well, maybe.

General observation - everything offered up here is not-advice. We each make our own decisions and experience our own consequences.

More specifically if I thought 187 was a strong support, I might not snuggle up quite so close to that support. I personally like having more room between the support and when I go ITM, but that's your own decision to make where that balance is.

Well, maybe.

General observation - everything offered up here is not-advice. We each make our own decisions and experience our own consequences.

More specifically if I thought 187 was a strong support, I might not snuggle up quite so close to that support. I personally like having more room between the support and when I go ITM, but that's your own decision to make where that balance is.

Thanks! Agree.

Today's bullish price action invalidated the bearish divergence developing yesterday, which means 176 was the very short term low. We are now either in the topping process for the corrective wave B of the correction or we are already starting big wave 3 going up. Correction here = down from 217 so corrective wave B = up. Wave 1 = 102 -> 217 so wave 3 will make new highs. Either we are going to make higher lows and higher highs from here until we reach 250+ or we are going to get rejected at 200 and go down to 146. I'm pretty certain we will see 200 - 205 as the RSI just made new highs on the hourly timeframe. Whenever this happens, it means there is more room to go up. But that's only the very short term picture. Longer term, aka after P&D is a mystery. However, I'm still leaning toward we'll go down, purely going off the chart. Again, this is only because TSLA is not going up on its own but is piggybacking off a relief rally in SPY. Price action prior to today still looked corrective to me.

The credit upgrade certainly changed the short term picture a little bit, creating more tailwinds for the bulls pre- P&D. This rally/bounce from 164 looks a lot like the rally from 102. The way it can play out is we pop tomorrow to 200-205 before selling off to 187, testing today's opening gap. If 187 holds and we close the day without filling the entire gap, then I can say with a lot more certainty 164 was the end of the correction.
View attachment 919869
Gave you the pop and the subsequent drop. what else can a guy do?

Positive gamma Monday .04, Tuesday 0.13, Wednesday 0.02 , feels like we are flipping a day or two or trading flat another day, p-wall to c-wall. Going to take a peek in the morning to gauge OI shift, assess what side of the IC may be closed early for profit, what needs protecting.

TSLA-TotalGamma-22Mar2023-b.png
TSLA-TotalGamma-21Mar2023-b.png
TSLA-TotalGamma-20Mar2023-b.png

The early January script is still playing out. According to this schedule we should hit 187 tomorrow before reversing for P&D.

View attachment 920146
Am I reading you correctly where you say we'll hit 187, and if we find support there we'll reverse to $200-$205 for P&D, after which we'll most likely see a drop to ~$147?

Of course not taking this as advice or anything. My main question is: do you still see us dropping below $180-$190 level or could P&D send us to new highs never to return?

Am I reading you correctly where you say we'll hit 187, and if we find support there we'll reverse to $200-$205 for P&D, after which we'll most likely see a drop to ~$147?

Of course not taking this as advice or anything. My main question is: do you still see us dropping below $180-$190 level or could P&D send us to new highs never to return?
It all depends on P&D of course. However, there are a few big caveats. If we test 187 and bounce before P&D, it means someone with enough money is willing to backstop TSLA at this level even before P&D is released. Entities with that much money are no fools or weak hands, especially since they are willing to cast their vote before P&D. If that happens, unless P&D is a disastrous miss, I will say 164 was the end of the correction. But, would that hold up if SPY crashes from here? Probably not.

We're bouncing today without testing 187 first; not a good sign to me. Not to be trusted yet. We can go all the way to P&D without testing 187 and I won't feel any less uneasy for it. If that happens and P&D is good, then we'll also have the macro picture to worry about. If P&D is a miss then down we go. It's very fluid.

EDIT: I hereby name 187 the "Moody Put."

Last edited: