Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we expecting CyberTruck Meeting announcement after-market Friday (Sept. 1) or this weekend?
I don't know how long it will take, but from rumors to real happenings it takes a long time, usually much longer than we think. The only thing I can comment that there are a lot of things to avoid when you announce a big one. Most importantly: don't shoot yourself in the foot. (today we are supercharging for free in Europe until 16:00 hours. Not announced, just visible in the app (maybe explaining the PM drop a bit, it wil have a tiny bit of cost-impact of course. Celebrating 10 years of supercharging in Europe.)

Reactions: Jim Holder
I don't know how long it will take, but from rumors to real happenings it takes a long time, usually much longer than we think. The only thing I can comment that there are a lot of things to avoid when you announce a big one. Most importantly: don't shoot yourself in the foot. (today we are supercharging for free in Europe until 16:00 hours. Not announced, just visible in the app (maybe explaining the PM drop a bit, it wil have a tiny bit of cost-impact of course. Celebrating 10 years of supercharging in Europe.)
Tesla Europe announced this on Twitter... It's likely to create a lot of goodwill and probably far less than advertising costs

$VFS down 13% in PM, is today the day?

Super weekly China registrations, and yet TSLA down in pre-market... but recent trend has been green PM, red Main and vice-versa, let's see how this one pans-out

I have a sell for 10x -c240 @$6.1, needs $242 to trigger, here's to a pop at open!
Ay, that pop to $263 triggered those, so now holding 10x -240 straddle for this Friday

And still have 35c -c230 in play... So what gives, I wanted to sell 3500 TSLA, but now have 4500 on the table -> first of all we might close the week below 240, so I'll take the premium, thanks, otherwise I'll let the -c240's exercise, pocket an extra $10 per share on those, and see about the -c230's, might let 25x exercise too, and roll 10x up and out, will see where we land later in the week

Now I need GOOGL to $165 to rescue the +c150's I bought at ATH 😬

The potential for some TSLA-specific fundamentals-changing market surprises over the next month or so has made me willing to take a flier on some short term calls. So for now I'm not a call seller but a buyer. GLTA.

Go figure that it wasn’t TSLA-specific news but a macro-level indicator (JOLTS) that rewarded this bet. Right for the wrong reasons.

With the share price going towards $250 so aggressively I decided to roll my 250s expiring this week out. Started checking various new expirations and settled on early October and the $275 strike. I don't like rolling so far, but I was feeling like a 1 or 2 week roll was just going to get run over immediately, maybe even later today.

So I might have given up a month of income. Or I might have earned $25/share over the next month - I'm certainly a lot happier about a $275 sales price if that should come.

Yesterday I opened the put side of an IC, -p210/+p200 for .50 , a few minutes ago I opened the call side at .50 for -c265/+c275 ... can close out the put side now for .05 and reset closer, or just let it ride. In other news, -c225 for this week is probably going to get called. I'll risk by waiting , may roll to next week same strike or better to snag some credit later in the week.

There was a good amount of OI change from yesterday to today, the SP is playing by that book now.

day2dayoi-28-29.png