Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't listened yet, but look forward to it. Most of what you are listing though I already had priced into my thesis. From just a fundamentals perspective it starts to get expensive soon IMO. Still happy to accumulate and still happy to trade volatility and doubters though.

A fair value for historical forward PE is around 35. With their net income and Blackwell shipping this quarter, they're probably in the right range around $1000+. RSI is starting to get overbought for QQQ, but not quite there for NVDA, so NVDA may get ahead of itself in the next day or week.

If NVDA rallies hard, I may add short legs to some of my LEAPs to convert them to spreads and use the proceeds to buy stock.

🤔

Which is a better stock in terms future returns over the next 5 years?

NVDA @ $1,000
TSLA @$180

(Credit: TrendTrader007)

I try to find the best risk adjusted ROI for the next year or two, but don't blindly hold anything anymore. Although I don't expect NVDA to increase as much as some stocks, I have high confidence level that it has the best risk adjusted ROI.

I don't see a point to guessing 5 years from now when no one knows what the landscape will look like with all the changes from AI.

log chart is a well studied math tool that is taught in schools across the country. Who's to say the regular chart is the only way to go about it?
I'd actually say a log chart is the only way to look at something with an exponential growth rate component; it is disengenuous to look at linear charts and think they tell a full story. I prefer looking at the derrivatives more directly, but that is more personal taste.

Reactions: BornToFly and dl003
Futs are ripping, including TSLA and SPY…

🔥

1716436418650.png

1716436445785.png

Last edited:
If 265 was indeed the absolute top of this dead cat bounce, my prediction for the first 5 months of 2024 is going to be a lot of choppiness, just like July-October of this year. Possible retest of 153 by May.
Time for another fortune cookie.
I see 250 ish by July - August, then back to 170 ish by March 2025. Then up we go.

I see 250 ish by July - August, then back to 170 ish by March 2025. Then up we go.

Wowza. Must have been a great dinner 😊

Does the fortune cookie also say how we somehow pass $188-200-208-218-228-237 resistances with the 6/13 vote(s), Q2 P&D+ER and 8/8 albatrosses hanging around our necks + markets currently being so extended and may see a blow-off top and dump any day/week now?

Reactions: DaBooster
Kind of a wierd question in light of the 10:1 NVDA split, but does IV reduce given a lower absolute share price? I know it is hard to remove all the externalities, but I assume (split adjusted) option volume will drop on NVDA afterwards. Maybe this is offset by other factors, but I would expect a drop both from big fish and little fish as the lot value drops.

Sorry, I can't really think of the right words to use to better explain my curiosity. I think the split is the right thing to do for the stock, but I am having trouble remembering how it plays out in the weekly game... beyond the fact that it changes.

So anecdotally the 0.99% interest rate promo has reduced Model Y inventories by 70% (!). In other words it was/is a smashing success which should help goose Q2 numbers of moved metal, not sure about impact to EPS, perhaps balanced out with COGS reduction and other positive inflows from other areas of the business, and all those HR cuts.

Let’s see if the VIN/insurance counters verify this in the next few weeks. Can lift the gloom and help us get more fortune cookies.

So anecdotally the 0.99% interest rate promo has reduced Model Y inventories by 70% (!). In other words it was/is a smashing success which should help goose Q2 numbers of moved metal, not sure about impact to EPS, perhaps balanced out with COGS reduction and other positive inflows from other areas of the business, and all those HR cuts.

Let’s see if the VIN/insurance counters verify this in the next few weeks. Can lift the gloom and help us get more fortune cookies.

Last we heard all the nurses want one ;)

Kind of a wierd question in light of the 10:1 NVDA split, but does IV reduce given a lower absolute share price? I know it is hard to remove all the externalities, but I assume (split adjusted) option volume will drop on NVDA afterwards. Maybe this is offset by other factors, but I would expect a drop both from big fish and little fish as the lot value drops.

Sorry, I can't really think of the right words to use to better explain my curiosity. I think the split is the right thing to do for the stock, but I am having trouble remembering how it plays out in the weekly game... beyond the fact that it changes.
We discussed this over here when TSLA had the last stock split.
Considering premium, these were definitely lower than 1/3.
Hard to say whether option volume would drop, because a lower share price means a lower entry point for those with less capital (you can trade a contract for 10K instead of 100K).

But as you say, these things are based on a lot of factors, so very hard to predict.

Why? Just because the chart? Q2 is not shaping well and there is too much Elon drama. I was hopping to be mind blown by the latest FSD and after getting the update it is still making some ridiculous mistakes. My drive is 15 minutes to work and I have to disengage twice. I though the issue will auto correct within a few days of disengaging at the same spot but is still doing the same mistakes. Maybe Tesla is indeed ahead of others but when will it really payout? It seems that the vehicle thesis is shot, the energy thesis is still unknow and the FSD thesis is a gamble.

delta no change, theta/gamma/vega will be 1/10 (but aggregate exposure the same)

is stock split good for stocks?
  • based on AMZN/GOOG/SHOP splits - no bueno
  • based on AAPL split - bueno
  • all i know is now i have 10x the NVDA CC, but also 10x the fees and probably lower prem :mad: - no bueno