Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sensor picking up the curb too close to the front?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! I just bought a Tesla Model S Plaid and I'm just wondering if this is supposed to happen. My sensors are picking up the curbs and saying I'm heading the curb like that line. That red line gets like over my car but I'm not next to the curb. It's only for the front of the car, not the sides of the car. Does that mean that I have a sensor issue or is this normal?

Mine warns me before I reach the parking block, because the suspension settles when the car is turned off and can settle down on top of the parking block, damaging your car.
This is interesting to me. Everyone says that but I’ve never seen it happen. Whether at home (my suspension is set to Very High for my driveway) or out and about and parked, the suspension always stays up. Is there something I’m missing here?

This is interesting to me. Everyone says that but I’ve never seen it happen. Whether at home (my suspension is set to Very High for my driveway) or out and about and parked, the suspension always stays up. Is there something I’m missing here?
I'd say that's good. In the manual it discusses how the suspension CAN settle over time. If yours does not, that means less leakage, which is definitely not a problem.

Reactions: WilliamG
I just got my S and I notice the vision-only warning system is much more conservative than my M3P was with full sensor array. It’s mildly annoying - even when viewing the feed when parking the set up for the cameras would suggest you’re closer than you are…

I just got my S and I notice the vision-only warning system is much more conservative than my M3P was with full sensor array. It’s mildly annoying - even when viewing the feed when parking the set up for the cameras would suggest you’re closer than you are…
Yes. The vision-only system is currently absolute trash. Don’t trust it, don’t rely on it. Think of it like FSD. It will make the stupidest “decisions” (in what it shows you) at the worst times.