Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode borked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I used Sentry successfully for the first time since lock-down and after a couple of recent updates. However today just shows an event but "video unavailable" . Tried a couple of tests and the same thing. The first event was nearly an hour long so definite oddness.

I think a few posted similarly last week but I can confirm it's now a bit hit and miss. Using an SSD and all good historically. Dashcam appears to be fine.

Anyone tried a reformat or similar or are we hanging on for the next firmware?

Cheers

My vampire drain had dropped to nil, so I assume my sentry is broke too. It's worked perfectly since October, bit since they changed the logo from HAL 9000 to whatever it is now ( the sun?), it doesn't seem to be recording any more

Mine too. I can activate sentry mode but it never seems to record anything when I leave the car, eg overnight. On a just a couple of occasions it’s been active and lights have flashed when I approach the car to warn me it’s actually recording. If I try to play back though I get video unavailable. Reformatted the USB drive and no improvement. If I plug the USB into my iphone and use the Sentry View app I can watch what has been recorded so its definitely a software bug following the latest update.

Tesla informed me after looking at the logs that the issue had been passed on and would be resolved as part of a firmware update

handy to know when though. washed the car today and has a couple of scratches on it would’ve been ideal to have the footage to review

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Mine is much better than it was since I disabled the sentry mode options on the Stats App. Previously it had stopped recording sentry mode activation. However, since the software upgrade sentry mode is much less sensitive hah previously, e.g. no longer activated by a car going past ~30 m away. Dashcam works fine, e.g activated by horn and manually. I use a 500 Mb SSD 50% partitioned for sentry/dashcam entries

Which version is Teslacam issues meant to be resolved in? 2020.20.x? Have they?

First time drive since a service visit and first drive since 2020.16.3 and first time I've looked at them in anger since 2020.8.

I decided to put my TeslaCam and Audio drives back in car and neither are recognised. I possibly should have left both in car for it to do its 'thing', but thought that I should remove and check in PC - they are both as expected - no reason why they should not be working, just as they had for many months before.

This is total non functionality of USB memory card devices - 2 x 128GB xSD cards, neither USB port works. Not tried phone.

I'll try another card reader next time I am out there, one that has activity lights so I will know if there is power or activity, but otherwise, am I hoping too much for 2020.20.x to be the fix?

I’ve got a 256Gb SSD. It was formatted on an iMac and has been on the car during the last 3 updates (currently 16.3)
Prior to 16.3 it was activating but capturing just a few seconds and basically worthless.
Following 16.3 it’s working properly.