Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode - hit and run - what would you do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just my opinion, but an objective observer probably won't see any proof from that video that he hit the car. Police and insurance companies work differently in different areas, but it would be really rare for either one to put forth any effort at all on your behalf in this case.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Yeah - what if next time he just nudges a car enough to get it rolling uncontrollably down a hill, hits a gas truck refilling a gas station, explosion causing major damage, firefighters injured responding to blaze, entire town destroyed, people's livelihoods lost. No help from government.

But just guessing.

(No major damage - I woulda let it go)

Just my opinion, but an objective observer probably won't see any proof from that video that he hit the car. Police and insurance companies work differently in different areas, but it would be really rare for either one to put forth any effort at all on your behalf in this case.

Yea, police are mostly useless... my iPhone got stolen and I had texts of the dude wanting a “finders fee” to return my phone and I had the location of the phone from “find my iPhone” and the police were not interested in helping at all.

• Disagree
Reactions: erik_k and LunkHead
Yea, police are mostly useless... my iPhone got stolen and I had texts of the dude wanting a “finders fee” to return my phone and I had the location of the phone from “find my iPhone” and the police were not interested in helping at all.
They have bigger fish to fry. Unfortunately there is not much aroma of hot grease to that end in many places, either.

Reactions: LunkHead
My $.02, I witnessed a “soccer mom” parking her big ass Escalade into a close to the front of the lot spot, had to be within a millimeter or closer when she swung that big POS into place. Couldn’t believe it, without a care, hopped out and into the store, anyone parking in the first third of a parking lot gets that mind set on a continuous loop, just sayin. I sold my F-150 a few years back, without backing it into a spot with the backup camera I couldn’t in good conscience park alongside anyone. I never attempted to swing forwards into a single spot but I see many who don’t have any concerns doing so.

• Funny
Reactions: calidreamz808
I would report it and get it fixed. You have the video of him tagging your car. It may not look like much but will cost you at least $1500 to fix with blending and clear coat. I had a guy do the same thing to me and left his Jeep parked next to my car. Called the cops and we found the guy in the store. He claimed he didn’t hit my car but my paint was on his bumper. It looked like it would just buff out but was actually through the clear coat. In this case water will get behind and turn it hazy and start flaking. Get it fixed, you payed good money for your car.

Given the paint on the corner of his bumper, he's clearly been practicing the art of rubbing is parking.

Screenshot%202019-07-14%2022.43.04.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-14 22.43.04.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-07-14 22.43.04.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 45