Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all just a quick one. Since updating to V 11 sentry mode doesn’t seem to be working.I’ve checked settings and it’s set to be on but it doesn’t seem to be saving recordings. Am I missing something or should I book for a service?

Thanks

I bought a second usb stick as the original one might be a bit flaky but will try a ssd instead at some point.
USB sticks tend not to be durable enough to take all of the writes and may not last long. SSD get around this just by sheer size. i.e. spread the load but its an expensive solution. Can I suggest Sandisk "max endurance" micro SD cards. They are designed for exactly this use case and should last at least 5 years.

Reactions: Buzzliteyear
USB sticks tend not to be durable enough to take all of the writes and may not last long. SSD get around this just by sheer size. i.e. spread the load but its an expensive solution. Can I suggest Sandisk "max endurance" micro SD cards. They are designed for exactly this use case and should last at least 5 years.
Think my factory fitted usb stick was a intermittent problem, with the second one it's working reliably.

Where will the micro SD cards go? Is there a micro SD card storage option in Tesla?

I got the same problem I've formatted my USB stick and I'll get sentry notifications in the car but no way to view them since the V11 update. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes. I get event notifications, but nothing shows up in the viewer. The last event was about 3 weeks ago (until I tried reformatting it, with no luck). Dashcam clips save just fine and can be viewed just fine, but Sentry clips don’t save.

I've now got this as well - after the update to V11 no sentry (even though there are notifications) - tried formatting the stick (which seemed to complete fine) now no dashcam recordings either...

:confused:

My plan is software reset then new stick...

Did you get a solution to this? I have the same issue. If i hit record it does. But Sentry does not record on its own. Nothing is there even when it tells me an event was detected.
I found the fix for my problem. Sentry was turned on with the red button displaying, but record, the button to the left of record was not on. It also has to be on for Sentry to work.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
8950C349-9332-41D2-97F5-47C26FD20F7F.jpeg

came out of the flat I rent while working away to this today. No note or anything (scumbags), I’d turned Sentry off when I was offshore for 2wks & didn’t turn it back on🤦‍♂️. Looks like a trip to dentdevils or such.