Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Bulletins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a compiled list of issued service bullentins? I'm soon due for my 1 yr service and have read that things get addressed only if you ask, so what should I be asking for? New 12v battery, front defroster vent, etc. Thanks!

Is there a compiled list of issued service bullentins? I'm soon due for my 1 yr service and have read that things get addressed only if you ask, so what should I be asking for? New 12v battery, front defroster vent, etc. Thanks!

The only thing I have asked for is the bulletin on moisture in the tail lights, which they fixed. I saw the bulletin and it said something like "if requested". So I guess they fix it if it needs it, but they don't know it needs it unless you tell them. The front defroster was a fix it for everyone item, and the battery may have some voltage reading below which they replace it before it becomes noticeable to you. But creaking or drifting or a light not working every now and then, they might not pick that up unless you report it. They would not be on a bulletin, perhaps.

The only thing I have asked for is the bulletin on moisture in the tail lights, which they fixed. I saw the bulletin and it said something like "if requested".

I forgot to ask for that one, but they did it anyway because they noticed moisture. So I think in practice "if requested" often translates to "if needed".

The front brake squeak disk replacement is definitely an if-you-ask one, though, as those things are pretty expensive.

I forgot to ask for that one, but they did it anyway because they noticed moisture. So I think in practice "if requested" often translates to "if needed".

The front brake squeak disk replacement is definitely an if-you-ask one, though, as those things are pretty expensive.

they did the breaks for me after taking it for a test drive and noticing it. I hadn't asked bout it because I'd been told to expect squeaking from high performance brakes.

There are 8 TSB listed on the NHTSA Site ( after getting to NHTSA Site: Search For Recalls; Select MY, Make, Model; Click Service Bulletins Tab)

http://www.safercar.gov/

There are 8 TSB listed on the NHTSA Site ( after getting to NHTSA Site: Search For Recalls; Select MY, Make, Model; Click Service Bulletins Tab)

http://www.safercar.gov/

I know I've searched on that site before and found it, but I've tried all years for tesla and can't find anything. Only under 2011 does tesla show up in the list and it is for the roadster. Nothing under 2012 or 2013 for tesla.

Never mind. Finally found it under 2013. Guess those of us with 2012 are filed under 2013. They don't know what to do with a manufacturer that doesn't sell dates their cars 1-2 years in the future.

I don't believe they replace every 12v battery. Just for certain batch(es) and not something you need to ask for. I was in for something else and they surprised me by replacing it proactively (I had not been previously contacted, but some folks had been). At least, this is my understanding. . . .

I had my annual service done the first week in October, and had a number of items takn care of without asking, including a new 12V battery. But they did NOT perform the front defroster vents update; I should have remembered to ask for it, because this recent cold spell has really shown how necessary it can be.

They performed all sorts of stuff on mine that I didn't ask for or complain about. In addition to my 12v, they replaced my instrument cluster because they claimed they could hear a buzz (I never heard it and I am pretty picky about squeaks and rattles).

They noticed my brakes squeeking when I delivered it for a couple og other things the other day. He asked if I were to get my brakes changed and I said "Nah, are they not supposed to be like that? I hardly ever use them."

Well, they changed front discs.

They noticed my brakes squeeking when I delivered it for a couple og other things the other day. He asked if I were to get my brakes changed and I said "Nah, are they not supposed to be like that? I hardly ever use them."

Well, they changed front discs.

Hi, there,

I received my Tesla Model S in Sep 2013, and thus far, one of my only complaints is this squeaky brake issue, which occurs when almost at a stop. Early in my ownership, I mentioned this to the local service center (Houston, TX) and I was told that it was normal for this type of performance Brembo brakes. Of course, I wasn't very satisfied by this response. I am still very much bothered by the squeaky brakes, as I hear it nearly every single time I brake......do you all have any suggestions? Do I explain to the SC that other owners in different states perhaps have had this addressed by replacing the front discs? Seems like ideally I shouldn't have to be so persistent to get this fixed.....

Hi, there,

I received my Tesla Model S in Sep 2013, and thus far, one of my only complaints is this squeaky brake issue, which occurs when almost at a stop.

Drive at high speed on a straight empty road and slam on the brakes hard. Repeat three or four times.

This gets rid of "squeaky brakes" for most people -- the cause is that we don't use the brakes enough.

If this doesn't get rid of the squeaky brakes, THEN you have something actually wrong with the brakes and need to be persistent.

They will apply all applicable service bulletins without asking...
This doesn't match my experience.

They always provide me with "options" and I get to choose what they install and what they don't. I'm very thankful that they are respectful in this way.

Apparently, YMMV across service centers significantly.

Hi, there,

I received my Tesla Model S in Sep 2013, and thus far, one of my only complaints is this squeaky brake issue, which occurs when almost at a stop. Early in my ownership, I mentioned this to the local service center (Houston, TX) and I was told that it was normal for this type of performance Brembo brakes. Of course, I wasn't very satisfied by this response. I am still very much bothered by the squeaky brakes, as I hear it nearly every single time I brake......do you all have any suggestions? Do I explain to the SC that other owners in different states perhaps have had this addressed by replacing the front discs? Seems like ideally I shouldn't have to be so persistent to get this fixed.....

Try the mentioned breaking-hard-trick first.

I thought they were supposed to be like this because they are never In use. Apparently not.

Anyways, if it doesnt work for you i could PM you a copy of the work log (concern/symptom/fix-thing).
They have had my car since Monday and I probably wont get it back untill next week, so we'll have to wait for that.
Rocking a P85 loaner In the meantime putting on loads og miles (kms) on it.

Funny OT: got front discs and pads changed for free on warranty on our 2009 Toyota today aswell (only driven 30'000 miles In total) - very nice. :)

That's an "only on request" update. Except in Canada, where it seems to be automatic.

Not true. My defroster vents were updated prior to initial delivery of the vehicle. Scottsdale Service Center said they apply all service bulletins and updates to each vehicle before it is delivered to a customer. When I took deliver yon 8/24, my car arrived with every single update and service bulletin performed. Pano roof was done, updated defroster vents installed, window regulator clips replaced, and a few other items.