Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Knoxville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they were to add public charging there it would be in or on the parking garage at WTM just across the parking lot. Then you'd have better access to the food court during charging.

No reason to put it at the service center a long long walk away from the food court.
Just seems to be a missed opportunity. Turkey Creek is only going to be sustainable for so long as the local Tesla population continues to climb.

Just seems to be a missed opportunity. Turkey Creek is only going to be sustainable for so long as the local Tesla population continues to climb.

It would make sense to put "urban" superchargers in the WTM parking garage.

I still say we need V3 superchargers on I75 (north of town) and I-40 east of town plus something at the airport (Alcoa/Maryville).

It'd be nice to have a set of the new urban style superchargers in Maryville servicing the city of Maryville, the airport in Alcoa (aka the Knoxville Airport), and the Townsend entrance to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. I wouldn't put them at the actual airport as the parking and food situation is poor for anyone not getting on a plane.

Given the existing supercharger in Knoxville I'd place priority for the second location to be east at one of I-40 exit 398 (Strawberry Plains pike), exit 407 (near Kodak), or exit 417 (Dandridge / hwy 92) these locations serve I-81 Northeast, I-40 east, and traffic into Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg south of I-40.

Then if, and only if, a third is desired I'd place it North at I-75 exit 128/129 (Lake City) which serves the traffic into and out of Kentucky and just one stop north of the dropoff in local population density

I-75 exit 122 (Clinton) might be a better option.

Ok, I put in my order for my Model Y last night. I REALLY don't have time to go to Nashville to pick up a car. I know that it could be forever before I get my car, but if anyone hears any new news about the Knoxville Service Center, please let me know!!! So excited!! Also, any tips for a newbie?

Congratulations! Three years into my Model 3 and I can say without doubt its the best vehicle Ive ever owned. I love driving it. Heres some thoughts I would recommend.

1. Get a home wall charger. We barely see any cost in our bill and can start out charged daily. Its an investment, but worth every penny. I used Ace Electric.

2. Charging to 100% is discouraged unless you are leaving for a trip. I set my daily charge to 80% and dont usually let it get under 20% unless Im road tripping. Not good to have the battery at the tails of charge level

3. I recommend getting at least the front of your car wrapped with paint protection film. Its remarkably good at absorbing the rock chips and can be replaced without huge expense. I did full front and up to the B pillar, and rear view mirrors. Another investment without regret. I also had the paint covered with a ceramic coating - 3 years later and water still just beads off. Can recommend Knox Details. Working with Tim is great and they have done a lot of Teslas. I tinted my windows some too and dont regret it.

4. I have a frunk and trunk organizer and like both. Aftermaket places like Abstract Ocean and Evannex are great for little do-dads. I stuff them with windex, microfiber rags, etc.

5. Even under bright sun the roof tinting is solid. I bought a mesh filler and have never used it.

6. Dont expect tire wear to be the sam as on an ICE car. I got 21k miles on my OEM Michelins with generally normal driving, but spirited on ramping! Im now using Continental's with a harder compound with the hop to get more out of these. The front to back wear difference is real so I recommend getting them swapped at 5-7 k miles.

7. I didnt like the original carpet mats and got the Tesla "WeatherTech" versions from the Tesla shop. I dont regret that at all.

8. I got the Tesla tire inflator-goop injector to carry in the car just in case. It took me some time to remember I no longer have a spare on board, but I dont think about it any more.

9. Regen braking is amazing but takes time to adjust to. I have it set on max and hardly ever use my brakes.

10. If a charger end wont release from your car, on the inside of the trunk behind th eport you will find a hole you can reach into and there is a little pull hanging down that will manually allow you to disconnect.

11. This forum, TeslaOwners forum/podcast, and Ride the Lightning podcast have tons of help on practically everything.

12. I set my screen to show battery charge percent left not "miles". I have a dual motor and have never gotten anything near 300 miles of range for a full charge in the real world - a packed car on a road trip will get you more like 200. You will get used to your favorite superchargers which determines where you stop on a drive (assuming you do some repeated road trips). That said, you can trust the on board projector for where you can reach for a charge. I hate being under 15%, but of it says Ill make a supercharger with 7% it'll be pretty close.

13. Enjoy the hell out of your new car. Its phenomenal!

Congratulations! Three years into my Model 3 and I can say without doubt its the best vehicle Ive ever owned. I love driving it. Heres some thoughts I would recommend.

1. Get a home wall charger. We barely see any cost in our bill and can start out charged daily. Its an investment, but worth every penny. I used Ace Electric.

2. Charging to 100% is discouraged unless you are leaving for a trip. I set my daily charge to 80% and dont usually let it get under 20% unless Im road tripping. Not good to have the battery at the tails of charge level

3. I recommend getting at least the front of your car wrapped with paint protection film. Its remarkably good at absorbing the rock chips and can be replaced without huge expense. I did full front and up to the B pillar, and rear view mirrors. Another investment without regret. I also had the paint covered with a ceramic coating - 3 years later and water still just beads off. Can recommend Knox Details. Working with Tim is great and they have done a lot of Teslas. I tinted my windows some too and dont regret it.

4. I have a frunk and trunk organizer and like both. Aftermaket places like Abstract Ocean and Evannex are great for little do-dads. I stuff them with windex, microfiber rags, etc.

5. Even under bright sun the roof tinting is solid. I bought a mesh filler and have never used it.

6. Dont expect tire wear to be the sam as on an ICE car. I got 21k miles on my OEM Michelins with generally normal driving, but spirited on ramping! Im now using Continental's with a harder compound with the hop to get more out of these. The front to back wear difference is real so I recommend getting them swapped at 5-7 k miles.

7. I didnt like the original carpet mats and got the Tesla "WeatherTech" versions from the Tesla shop. I dont regret that at all.

8. I got the Tesla tire inflator-goop injector to carry in the car just in case. It took me some time to remember I no longer have a spare on board, but I dont think about it any more.

9. Regen braking is amazing but takes time to adjust to. I have it set on max and hardly ever use my brakes.

10. If a charger end wont release from your car, on the inside of the trunk behind th eport you will find a hole you can reach into and there is a little pull hanging down that will manually allow you to disconnect.

11. This forum, TeslaOwners forum/podcast, and Ride the Lightning podcast have tons of help on practically everything.

12. I set my screen to show battery charge percent left not "miles". I have a dual motor and have never gotten anything near 300 miles of range for a full charge in the real world - a packed car on a road trip will get you more like 200. You will get used to your favorite superchargers which determines where you stop on a drive (assuming you do some repeated road trips). That said, you can trust the on board projector for where you can reach for a charge. I hate being under 15%, but of it says Ill make a supercharger with 7% it'll be pretty close.

13. Enjoy the hell out of your new car. Its phenomenal!
Thank you so much for all this information! I have to admit that it's a little overwhelming all the information I've found on different things that I might need or want for the car. I got paint protection with my previous car and I think it made a huge difference so I am planning on doing that again. I also got tint with my other car. I have talked to Tesbros in Chattanooga and they were very helpful so I might just drive there, depending on what everyone's schedules are. Of course, it seems like its going to be a long time before I see this car so ...

I forgot to add two other bits of info. 1. The microSD card based thumb drives from Pure Tesla come preformatted for your car and literally just plug and play for Sentry mode. They can withstand the constant writing and rewriting. 2. Look around for a receiving the car checklist. It’s so awesome picking it up that is it easy to not do a full walk around, esp if you need to drive back from Nashville and want to get on the road. There are a lot on line. Take your time to check through everything, including getting your phone key set up.

On other news, the service center has welcomed 4 model 3s, 2 with CA tags, so there are 6 Tesla’s parked out there now. They added a bike rack out front.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and TNIrish
On other news, the service center has welcomed 4 model 3s, 2 with CA tags, so there are 6 Tesla’s parked out there now. They added a bike rack out front.

went by again twice today, they had the big bay door open on the back side so I could peak in a bit. Nothing exciting but they did have partitions in the service area that could have obscured anything interesting.

No real changes inside or outside that I could see.

Dicks Sporting Goods opened up so the parking lot was partially used by those customers or employees. Still plenty of parking left for Tesla but the overflow from the mall will mix in with the Tesla parking.

Reactions: TNGuy99
I saw the Dick's opened and amazed that the overflow parking went up to the new Tesla part of the lot. Interesting you saw into the bay from out back. Curious how that builds out. Ive never actually seen the inside of a service center. Quite exciting to know this is coming along. I keep waiting for the big Tesla marquee going up out front. Am I crazy or does it seem like there are a lot more Teslas around Knoxville these days?

I saw the Dick's opened and amazed that the overflow parking went up to the new Tesla part of the lot. Interesting you saw into the bay from out back. Curious how that builds out. Ive never actually seen the inside of a service center. Quite exciting to know this is coming along. I keep waiting for the big Tesla marquee going up out front. Am I crazy or does it seem like there are a lot more Teslas around Knoxville these days?
I definitely see a lot of Teslas in the last year. I went from like being the third model X in the area and barely seeing anyone to seeing at least a couple every time I drive out anywhere.

Reactions: Headwind
When I went by before dinner Saturday evening there were about 10 Teslas behind the building and 1 in the front.

There were S, 3, X, and Y in about 4 or 5 different colors. Not enough cars to have one in each color but still enough that if someone had never seen one they could walk the line and see a nice variety.

Still no sign or obvious sign post in place. Not sure if they'll have any signage visible from Kingston pike.

From the looks of it they could open it at the drop of a hat. Maybe before the S refresh delivery event? Maybe timed to coincide with that event? I can't think of any good reason not to open it now (other than putting the cost on the books as a Q2 or Q3 cost).

When I went by before dinner Saturday evening there were about 10 Teslas behind the building and 1 in the front.

There were S, 3, X, and Y in about 4 or 5 different colors. Not enough cars to have one in each color but still enough that if someone had never seen one they could walk the line and see a nice variety.

Still no sign or obvious sign post in place. Not sure if they'll have any signage visible from Kingston pike.

From the looks of it they could open it at the drop of a hat. Maybe before the S refresh delivery event? Maybe timed to coincide with that event? I can't think of any good reason not to open it now (other than putting the cost on the books as a Q2 or Q3 cost).
Keeping my fingers crossed. I’m in the 3-13wk limbo on my Y now. I'm trying to look at the bright side and that I will hopefully get delivery in Knoxville…

Reactions: Rb48888 and TNGuy99
OK so maybe 1 usable supercharger at the service center (looks like 2 stalls). Still likely to be blocked by someone elses car when you get there.

6 destination chargers (3 to the left and 3 to the right) so you can slow charge all the cars that get worked on or slow charge a bit on a cold winter day if you visit the service center for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_182941402.jpg
    IMG_20210604_182941402.jpg
    903 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
OK so maybe 1 usable supercharger at the service center (looks like 2 stalls). Still likely to be blocked by someone elses car when you get there.

6 destination chargers (3 to the left and 3 to the right) so you can slow charge all the cars that get worked on or slow charge a bit on a cold winter day if you visit the service center for some reason.
I also noticed all the cars are now gone - parked inside the service bay? There is an interesting off hours drop off service box at the side entrance. The big live-in trailer was gone this morning too.

a couple things that still seem missing to me: large exterior branding like “T E S L A“ out front and a resurfacing of the parking lot. Even still seems like we’re getting close - in time for Q2 deliveries?

I also noticed all the cars are now gone - parked inside the service bay? There is an interesting off hours drop off service box at the side entrance. The big live-in trailer was gone this morning too.

a couple things that still seem missing to me: large exterior branding like “T E S L A“ out front and a resurfacing of the parking lot. Even still seems like we’re getting close - in time for Q2 deliveries?

I haven't seen the live-in trailer in over a week but the Tesla's being moved inside happened more recently (within the last 4 days or so).

The trash dumpsters have been moved to the upper lot well out of the way for any cosmetic work to start on the pavement. I can't imagine they will repave but they could spray sealant on top of it and re-stripe the parking spaces.

I'm not sure if they will put any sort of large branding saying Tesla out front. I'd like to see it but I'm seriously considering that they might not bother. At the least it'd make sense to put a large letter sign or just paint on the side of the building facing the mall. T E S L A or even the T logo big enough to see from the door of Dick's sporting goods would be plenty and only doing that side of the building would keep the cost down.

Heard from the Nashville store that this one had a soft opening yesterday. They also said there was going to be a Chattanooga store opening within a year. I’ll admit this person seemed a bit gossipy for an employee so we can take it with a grain of salt, but thought I’d pass it along.

I swung by on the way to work today and things have changed. There is a cheapie banner as you can see in the pic. Also there are 7 or so cars parked outside in the lot facing Dick’s. The bay doors were open on the side and back and there’s another half dozen cars inside. I talked to two Tesla guys who were standing out there and they said it’s getting close now - and there are excited people around East TN.

Attachments

• 6542F4F1-E33E-4A5B-8EA9-5CA7262C7027.jpeg
    6542F4F1-E33E-4A5B-8EA9-5CA7262C7027.jpeg
    495 KB · Views: 49
I just rode by there. There are several cars in front as others have stated but most have license plates (some Tennessee, Some California). They mostly look like they are already owned (tinted windows). I took a few pictures of the two superchargers and six destination chargers and the power equipment but not sure if I can post them from my phone.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and TNGuy99