Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, first off all love the forum, this forum has addressed most of the questions I had with my tesla. Thank you!

Now with a new question, I took delivery of my MX March 26th. I did my walk around and the check list advised by the forum. One minor issue I found was a scratch on the rear bumper and felt there was a misalignment on the rear hatch. I spoke to the DS and she noted it and told me that we will get that handle through the service center. I dropped the car to the service center Monday 17th and during my drop off the service advisor saw nothing wrong with my rear hatch but we noted a misalignment on the driver falcon door. I also noted a white residue coming out of the door (inside portion where it closes). Looked like melted glue.

My concerns are as follows, first is misaligned doors common common and how long does it take to fix it. I called twice to see the update and no one called back. They kept telling me someone will call from the technician team. I am tired of driving the loaner and I want my MX back!

Raj

How long it takes depends on your service center location. If it's a busy location then it will likely take longer.

When my FWD failed on delivery day it took them about 3 days. This included replacing sensor and calibrating the FWD.

Misaligned front door isn't as bad and may take a day of work or so. Misaligned rear hatch is much harder (we had this on delivery) and it has to be disassembled, removed, realigned, then reassembled - a body shop not service center typically does realignments.

Finally I received an update, not sure if I should be worried.

The car was still at the body shop and It will ready Friday. It's getting painted.... I am not sure if I should be worried... painting, I don't remember any cosmetic defect. Will this effect my resale value. I am thinking people will think the car was involved in a wreck.

Does it require to get a paint job if only it's a misaligned lift gate and falcon doors.

Painting would be required for the scratch, more than just the scratch as they will have to blend in to panels all around, like 1/5 to 1/4 of the car if so. Small scratch can be a $1500 paint job on Tesla's it seems.

I'f you get it and everything looks great then I'd saw your golden and to accept delivery. Hopefully delivery has been contingent up to this point as that would be good practice for them.