Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SETEC CCS adapter blocked again- WTH TESLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please see this thread:

This works on my plaid. Look closely at the picture. Gutted my setec ccs adapter for passthrough. Had to bypass the switch. Obviously, you should not be doing this if you plan to plug it and leave or if you have no idea as to how this works.

Reactions: kayak1
Just out of curiosity, if the Setec CCS1 to Tesla adapter is using ChaDeMo emulation, what do you guys think Tesla is doing here to differentiate the Setec CCS1 and Tesla ChaDeMo? It also seems to trigger some isolation fault as a safety precaution perhaps?
PXL_20220312_212245437~2.jpg

Just out of curiosity, if the Setec CCS1 to Tesla adapter is using ChaDeMo emulation, what do you guys think Tesla is doing here to differentiate the Setec CCS1 and Tesla ChaDeMo? It also seems to trigger some isolation fault as a safety precaution perhaps?View attachment 780116
The Tesla adapter is completely passthrough and has no electronics inside. Also, it has a locking pin that locks in the CCS1 plug into the adapter when the adapter is plugged into the car (therefore no risk of arc flash from pulling it out while it has power flowing).

Last edited:
As it stands right now my 2020 AWD RL is not compatible with the CCS1 adapter. Now what?
I know this post is relatively old by forum standards, but let me ask a question: have you checked your CCS status on the Software panel in the car? It should tell you whether the car will work with CCS1, and that's a starting point to determine whether it's the adapter or the Tesla software....

I know this post is relatively old by forum standards, but let me ask a question: have you checked your CCS status on the Software panel in the car? It should tell you whether the car will work with CCS1, and that's a starting point to determine whether it's the adapter or the Tesla software....
Mine says "not installed". I'm one of the unlucky ones from September 2021 that got hit by the chip shortage.

Does anyone know if the Setec will work with a pre facelift MS with software 2022.12.3.1?
Can confirm Setec still works, once you update it's firmware, works on cars with CCS and without CCS support. But capped at 50Kw due to ChaDeMo emulation. Just make sure the adapter firmware is updated before your trip and obviously don't update the car software during your trip so you don't get stranded by this cat and mouse game.