Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shade Mesh Screen Top

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Mark.

It's not overtly different from the softtop.

I had a Tesla owner actually get in my car with the Mesh Top without noticing. Then I said "look up". Their reaction was instant. "Oooh, wow, I want one".

Eric,

Here in Hong Kong it is wet most of the year, but we do get about 4 months of 'winter' (temperatures in the 65+F range) where this will be very useful. For those of us who are 'follically challenged', it should be fantastic.

35166_135879473109825_121671011197338_229719_1822682_n.jpg

West Channel and PCH?

I am thinking more like here:
Google Maps
(Just a tad more south from your guess.)
By the way, the perspective on Google street view looks a bit different because the street-view car has a camera up high on a pole above the roof, whereas the Roadster driver is down low near the highway.

And maybe VFX driving.

That picture came from the Facebook link that was posted earlier in this topic:

Facebook page
Facebook picture

Last edited:
Ocean Ave. Wilshire deadends into PCH by a very steep (and right turn only) angled descent down towards the north. If we were standing there looking towards the north, we'd see a pedestrian overpass above.

Obviously my confused self posting there ... Wilshire doesn't connect to PCH. You have to turn right on Ocean, then left on California Incline. But the point is that Wilshire doesn't run parallel to PCH.

End of digging myself into a deeper hole.

:)

What I meant is if you could climb the hill (using rock climbing equipment!) and looked across Ocean Ave I think you would see the intersection of Wilshire. Yes, I know it isn't parallel to PCH, and there is no direct connection, but from a map view it points out where I think the picture was probably taken.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1618&d=1302822487.jpg

Attachments

• minimap.jpg
    minimap.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 697
You know how hard it is to take a picture like this handheld while driving? Probably 20 shots to get the framing right. So all the location guesses are right!
It wasn't a planned photo shoot. The Mesh top was working perfectly during a hot California sunset so I had to get it on "film".