Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shanghai July Shutdown - any changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the Shanghai shutdown in July when Tesla upgraded the factory to improve output, do we know if there were any changes made to the Model Y build? I've just received my VIN and discovered that my build date was the end of June - I was hoping it'd be post-shutdown to so I wouldn't miss out on anything new!

How did you work out your build date? I've put my VIN into Tesla Info but the most recent VIN they list is approx numbers/cars before mine and made on the 28th June.
Yes, I'm in the same pos as you. I didn't notice how different the listed serial numbers were to mine. I guess I have no idea when it was built!

During the Shanghai shutdown in July when Tesla upgraded the factory to improve output, do we know if there were any changes made to the Model Y build? I've just received my VIN and discovered that my build date was the end of June - I was hoping it'd be post-shutdown to so I wouldn't miss out on anything new!
What do you hope to achieve from this question? Surely ignorance is bliss?!
Do you want serious FOMO?

One thing I did discover today is that since the new lines have opened VINs are no longer sequential - they are done in batches and can have big gaps between them. This is particularly unhelpful as far as I am concerned. I suppose the next step will be randomised VINs like Apple went to with their serial numbers.

What are the first 3 nos of your VIN?

Any changes are usually leaked in the weeks leading up to changes being implemented on the line, or least they have in the past. I don’t follow Model Y news that closely it can’t recall seeing anything.

I think this was purely an upgrade to increase production volumes.

Any changes are usually leaked in the weeks leading up to changes being implemented on the line, or least they have in the past. I don’t follow Model Y news that closely it can’t recall seeing anything.

I think this was purely an upgrade to increase production volumes.
There have been some very minor MY upgrades that we know about.
Perhaps not directly related to the factory upgrade. But I’m protecting OP WillyC by not naming them here 😉
I’ve listed them before and some people are wondering if we will get some of the Texas minor enhancements.

There have been some very minor MY upgrades that we know about.
Perhaps not directly related to the factory upgrade. But I’m protecting OP WillyC by not naming them here 😉
I’ve listed them before and some people are wondering if we will get some of the Texas minor enhancements.
One of the main things I'm interested in is the suspension. I hear the MY out of Berlin is softer than the others. Having test driven a Chinese MY, I really wouldn't mind softer suspension. Especially on the roads around here!