Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shift in Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order was confirmed on 5/6 and no VIN yet, so i am starting to think that the shift is true and I will wait for longer time. DS said he will be able to provide more information in next few weeks.

Model X 90D | VIN 80XX | Titanium Metallic | 20" | 7 Seats | Premium | Black Leather Seats |Glossy Obeche Wood Décor | AP | Smart Air Suspension | Subzero Weather Package| Towing Package|Confirmed 05/06/16 | In production Queue | No Production estimated
I'm confused. Your message says no VIN, but your signature says VIN 80XX. Unless you got your VIN and updated your signature in the last 7 1/2 hours... (or are referring to another vehicle that was also confirmed on 5/6)

There was a batch of around 600 VIN's released today.
Do they release mid-day? I'm not sure - when I woke up the day my order confirmed, I already had a VIN, so I guess I assumed they came out at midnight Pacific Time. Though I actually suspect my VIN was assigned before my order was confirmed and it just didn't show it to me until my order confirmed, cause there was a big batch released 2 days earlier than my order confirmed. I'm also pretty sure I saw someone mention a higher VIN than me, but earlier confirmation date. Not sure how that could have happened. I reserved about a week and a half before the design studio opened to the public, but didn't get access until that day. So they would have had design studio the same day as me if they reserved after, or they reserved before me, and ordered before me, so why would they get a later VIN...? Why am I even asking these question?! This is Tesla - you get your car when you get it, and it doesn't make sense!