Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shocked by the new Roadster rolling out of the Tesla Semi!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing looking vehicle and specs, spending $250k on a vehicle now that will only be out in 3 years if you pay today, now that is dedication than again if you are willing to spend that on a vehicle you probably have a lot more pennies in the bank than most and have a vehicle in the Ferrari/ Mclaren price range already.
All said I think it's an amazing showbed for others to follow and to see what is capable with electricity and the future.

and not just the perceived value but the overall awareness that roadsters even exist. I guess I hadn’t sat down and thought about what the effects of a new roadsters being $250k would be on the original (assumed it would be starting half that) but it seems like this is very very good for current owners

If I understand the Tesla website well the Roadster will be $50,000 (250k is the founders series). Or am I missing something.
Schermafbeelding 2017-11-17 om 13.12.21.png

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: FutureShock
10,000 nm = 7375 ft-lbs torque.....or about 11x as much torque as the Ferrari LaFerrari (660 ft-lbs)

NO
10.000 Nm for the roadster is WHEEL TORQUE i.e. after it gets multiplied by reduction gears (and probably sums together all 3 motors).
LaFerrrari's 660 ft-lbs (and all other torque and HP numbers for ICE cars) are from cranckshaft, i.e. before transmission step up (and losses).

The purpose was explained by Elon: "Hardcore smackdown to gasoline cars". He's repeating the playbook they used to launch the whole EV revolution by producing the original Roadster. This should seal the deal.

Yeah, but the original Tesla Motors concept was to start at the top of the market and work their way down. This is not working its way down. They could have produced the electric counterpart of a Corvette instead of a Lambo. Yes, I know that bragging rights are a thing. . . and that Elon Musk does, in fact, have an ego to feed. Practically speaking, though, this does mean that many of us are ultimately going to look toward some other car maker for our next electric sports car.

Yeah, but the original Tesla Motors concept was to start at the top of the market and work their way down. This is not working its way down. They could have produced the electric counterpart of a Corvette instead of a Lambo. Yes, I know that bragging rights are a thing. . . and that Elon Musk does, in fact, have an ego to feed. Practically speaking, though, this does mean that many of us are ultimately going to look toward some other car maker for our next electric sports car.

Too bad this wasn't a 500 range pickup. They are basically building something that impacts climate change negatively. WTF?