Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said the super charger coverage area will triple by the END OF NEXT MONTH.

By the end of the year most of the major metro areas in the US and southeren Canada will be covered.

Just wondering now if he has something more to say. Hopefully he save some juicy info for the conference call.

Of course tripling the current coverage isn't that difficult, since they currently cover only two areas. Most people expected that the coverage would have been tripled already. However, like everybody else, I can't wait to see the new maps and am curious whether there will be something unexpected.

By the end of the year most of the major metro areas in the US and southeren Canada will be covered.

Just wondering now if he has something more to say. Hopefully he save some juicy info for the conference call.

The Q&A part of the Conference Call will be interesting to listen to.
They mostly do ask good questions you see.
And Elon Musk always says things that you can rely on.
There is always something new.
Looking forward already.

"oh, and btw, all the new superchargers are 120kW, and also we will start building some in Europe by the end of the year". "Oh, and one more thing, we are talking to starbucks about HPWC/Superchargers at each location" (The last bit would be a game changer, everything else will probably bring the price down into double digits).

This "pre-announcement" was planned. He only feigned reluctance.

I love this picture of him while spilling the beans. He's like a little kid who can't keep a secret. Just awesome!
d11cook_0139.jpeg

Programming Alert: Following
@jimcramer's Tesla test drive tomorrow, @elonmusk will be LIVE on @SquawkStreet at 10:30aET. Don't miss it!

Thanks mate

- - - Updated - - -

I love gambling. :)

What's nice is his "June 20th big announcement" is the Thursday before the June options expire. That clever cat.

Talking about the "June 20th big announcement", would that be the same as the "Right under your nose" announcement?
Or will this "June 20th big announcement" have a different subject?
What do you think?
Any guesses?

- - - Updated - - -

Elon Musk has planned many steps ahead, more than we can imagine right now.
He already knows what is going to happen many years from now.
Because he is the one who is going to do it.
He controls it all the way.
And he enjoys doing that.
That's the funny part.
We live in exiting times.

Talking about the "June 20th big announcement", would that be the same as the "Right under your nose" announcement?
Or will this "June 20th big announcement" have a different subject?
What do you think?
Any guesses?

I would guess it's the same. That's only three weeks away, and given the timing of the other announcements ove the last two months that seems about right.

Actually he said "convering most major cities throughout the U.S. and Canada"

I hope he considers Seattle and Portland major cities. And it would be nice if Spokane were considered, since although not major city it is supposedly (IIRC) the largest city between Minneapolis and Seattle. It has hosted a World Fair. We can really use a supercharger between Spokane and Seattle, or Spokane and Portland.

I was just thinking that. You know that he knew they would ask him that so he pretending to reisist and then gave what the most likely facts would be regarding increasing the amount of stations. Hopefully he held back the part that it'll now take less than an hour, less than a half hour perhaps, to fully charge an MS.

Partnering with another company, like hershey101 said above would be awesome because you know that means the superchargers will start popping up at an alarming rate. If that peice of news comes out it would be interesting to see if the stock price of who ever they parnter with will go up.

"oh, and btw, all the new superchargers are 120kW, and also we will start building some in Europe by the end of the year". "Oh, and one more thing, we are talking to starbucks about HPWC/Superchargers at each location" (The last bit would be a game changer, everything else will probably bring the price down into double digits).

I'd rather like single digits for a brief period of time ;) .

I'll go on record as saying I don't think swapping is on deck. I think it's more likely that we'll get an announcement of significantly shortened charging time (ie, increased juice at the Superchargers). And that, coupled with more info on where the SCs will be, is a game changer (imo).

I agree Bonnie. And the only kind of battery swapping I would even consider using would be something like the metal air battery that would be added to extend a long trip, that's been speculated. I can't believe that would actually happen in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.