Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tease was glowing, American success story, changing the way we think about auto industry, paid back the DOE loan early etc. although, if its at the end, it'll only get a minute or two. Combine w Cramer tomorrow, this baby is rolling down the track, get on board or get out the way!!

Edit: its the "rewrite" It's about targeting assistance $$$ to certain companies that, as policy, we would like to see succeed. Also mentioned Harley Davidson assist by Reagan & solyndra (of course) by G.W. Bush.
Pretty good praise at the beginning for Elon & Tesla.

Last edited:

Love the look on Cramer's face. Makes me think he's reflecting on his early recommendations to sell TSLA.
ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

He seemed sly in how he said, "today is about charging". Almost seems like he said "today" in a slightly emphasized manner without even realizing it.
I think he realized full well. This and other cues are what led to this commentary:
[Ed: I get the feeling this is related to June 20th base on his measured response, delays etc.]

- - - Updated - - -

Is it "wrong" that my first reaction is, "He must have just put it in park"?

Being an Engineer myself and having worked at American greats like General Motors and Boeing, I am so proud of America for having developed such a great automobile that blows past it's rivals in all categories after A LONG TIME. The majors will take time to catch up, and by that time Gen III will be out and Model S segment will be mature. Tesla cars and Tesla stock should be in the lead. go Tesla, Go California, Go USA!!!!!!

Maybe it's the cold realization setting in that TSLA is actually not a "cult stock" and he would have made millions if he had taken that drive a month ago.

+1 on the head!

"wow, what a car"

Cramer's first comment.

He's snuck it in twice while talking about stocks like Hershey's and Proctor and Gamble!

9:15 - Test drive coming up, about to be several of Tesla's most entertaining minutes yet! And then Elon's on after. Is it a test drive or launch?

Last edited:
Being an Engineer myself and having worked at American greats like General Motors and Boeing, I am so proud of America for having developed such a great automobile that blows past it's rivals in all categories after A LONG TIME. The majors will take time to catch up, and by that time Gen III will be out and Model S segment will be mature. Tesla cars and Tesla stock should be in the lead. go Tesla, Go California, Go USA!!!!!!

First african-american president
First african-american car company. go Tesla.

+1 on the head!

"wow, what a car"

Cramer's first comment.

He's snuck it in twice while talking about stocks like Hershey's and Proctor and Gamble!

9:15 - Test drive coming up, about to be several of Tesla's most entertaining minutes yet! And then Elon's on after. Is it a test drive or launch?

before that he said,

8:50am: Jim Cramer on "Squawk Box" about his Tesla test drive: "If you're driving a Tesla, it changes your life. This thing is an incredible wonder. I'm not talking about the stock, I'm talking about driving the car."

Live blog:
Live Blog: Teslas Elon Musk Speaks to CNBC

9:47 am: After seeing a recap of his test-drive on "Squawk on the Street", Cramer said, "The stock is a cult stock and it's really difficult to figure out where it can go. When you get behind the wheel, you want to get behind the stock. I'm trying to distinguish that. I'm saying that's not the right thing to do."
"I can totally understand why someone that test drives a Tesla wants to buy the stock, because it's about as cool of a thing as I have seen."

Live blog:

9:47 am: After seeing a recap of his test-drive on "Squawk on the Street", Cramer said, "The stock is a cult stock and it's really difficult to figure out where it can go. When you get behind the wheel, you want to get behind the stock. I'm trying to distinguish that. I'm saying that's not the right thing to do."
"I can totally understand why someone that test drives a Tesla wants to buy the stock, because it's about as cool of a thing as I have seen."

Lucky for me I test drove it last October. :wink:

Live blog:

This is what drives me off the wall. No common sense. It's real simple. Make a good product, people will buy, and the rest will follow.

Another vague reference to potential swapping in his CNBC interview.

Also how many times does he have to repeat over and over that the cheaper Tesla (Gen III) will come in 3-4 years. His interviews are broken records haha. Always the same questions asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Also epic Cameron Diaz reference to end it. "Elon, say hi to Cameron Diaz" hahaha

While the teases are nice, Tesla needs to get their production capability up followed by heavy advertising of the Model S which should help drive more sales. The charging infrastructure needs to get to a threshold point first, which from the map looks like they wont start heavy advertising until the year end...The stock price will probably bounce around the 100 +/ 5 region till then.

While the teases are nice, Tesla needs to get their production capability up followed by heavy advertising of the Model S which should help drive more sales. The charging infrastructure needs to get to a threshold point first, which from the map looks like they wont start heavy advertising until the year end...The stock price will probably bounce around the 100 +/ 5 region till then.

I doubt it would fall below a 100 barring any market dive... I'm sure many people have buy limit orders around the 100 point i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.