Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really starting to freak out here and I so want to sell and get the hell out of this. I keep reading things like "someone knows something we don't" and things like that. Like I've said before I'm a newbie at this, but isn't it unusual for a stock to drop 14% in one day without anything really to cause it to do so? I just need to try to understand what's going on and why.

Jeff
Well Jeff, if you bought Tesla because you believe in them you have to close your eyes. We humans do far better in things like this if we never look. The only real appropriate thing at this point is to maybe buy more. This is only 2 weeks of gains being erased so it isn't that much.

Happy about the dip, added to my position with some Leaps and Aug. calls. I kicked myself for not adding to my position when it dipped back in June. With the production figures posted from Teslive I have a feeling we are in for a great earnings release.

The estimates are only based on when they reported last year. Based on recent timing I would say August 7th. Also, Elon said he would release a draft of his hyperloop idea on 8/12 so presumably he would want earnings over with. That means we can expect an announcement next week.

Good call! Indeed the earnings report will be released after the close on August 7th.

I hope the "analysts" keep getting it wrong thus encouraging the shorts to loose their shirts:

Tesla shares hit on Goldman note - The Tell - MarketWatch

"mid-case envisioned for Tesla is where it sells 150,000 units with margins of 14.8% for a price target of $83.”

In 18 months I can see Model S/X selling 150K units worldwide with 3 shifts running full bore at 28% margin (price target 220)…in 3-4 years 500K units with GIII….6 yrs 1M units in two factories, with variants of GIII, S/X, Tesla Truck, new super-car with a NASCAR win GO Leilanie, etc. price target = multiples of $83.

Whew, what a trainwreck today.

Definitely. Just stop after stop hit.

With a stock rising so fast (lets face it, after the last big dip, shooting to 133 was really fast) you create a lot of instability and no real base. I expected a pullback to maybe the low 120's or 115 over the next week or so, but not this big. I'm happy I sold some covered calls yesterday when we were trading at 130 for August at 140. I have a opportunity to buy those back now for a nice profit, softening todays blow a bit.

I also used this opportunity to buy a few August 115 Calls.

Regardless of movement, I'm not selling the stock anytime soon so w/e.

(I say "trainwreck" because... gulp... I bought more yesterday at 129.43.)

As Lloyd Bridges in the movie AIRPLANE! might say, "Looks like I picked the wrong day to buy TSLA."

Luckily, I have nerves of steel, and am holding for years to come so no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I say "trainwreck" because... gulp... I bought more yesterday at 129.43.)

As Lloyd Bridges in the movie AIRPLANE! might say, "Looks like I picked the wrong day to buy TSLA."

Luckily, I have nerves of steel, and am holding for years to come so no problem.

I bought some at the end of day yesterday at $127.5 or so. I thought it would be a 1 day dip, or worst case 2 day dip. Well, it may end up only being a 2 day dip but today's dip was pretty big!

Status
Not open for further replies.