Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short interest as of end of day today will all be settled trades on Aug 15 which is the date of the next NASDQ short interest report released after the close on Aug 26th.
I will be very interested in this data when it comes out as it will show us how much of this drop is from an increase in short positions vs. weak longs selling out. I am hoping it will show a very high increase in shares held short vs. the last report.

The pop from earnings wasn't enough to pull us out of the current range. I'm surprised how fast we fell back down, but I think we are just continuing the trend that we've been in all year (which is a good thing, btw). I didn't play it right, I should have unloaded all my Aug calls on Thursday like I originally planned. I did let some go, but held on to too much.

Oh well, plenty of cash on hand and looking for a good deal.

CT, hard to get everything right. You are already in a very good position to have a lot of cash.

The way I look at it, If I improve my account at the same price point where it was, then I did better than the market. Last time when it was at $143, my balance was less so I can't blame myself too much. I must have done something right.

Last edited:
memebers.jpg

I still don't know what does the '+' next to the name mean? This time I don't have the '+' so you can't make fun of me.

Well, I have to (again) thank Curt Rentz, I took a page from his playbook and sold 5 covered call contracts of Jan 2014 $165s on Friday for about $19.75 each (almost $10K), instead of hoping they would expire worthless, I took advantage of today's drop to "buy to close" my covered calls, for a little less than $14.50.. Actually made $2500 or so off today's drop. Of course this is a minor consolation seeing my actual shares drop nearly $5K, but it also covers losses on 2 contracts of the August 17th $165 calls I bought, which will likely expire worthless on Friday.. Should have sold them last week when the 2 contracts where up $500, instead I write off $400 on them. Luckily my core position is again safe, and can't be called away from me on Jan 2014 :)

CT, Are you expecting the same downwards pressure as we saw with the SCTY lockup expiration? Everybody here seemed to want to get out in the weeks leading up to the event and we saw a double digit points decline. Hopefully TSLA will be different...

I don't know. I'm a little less scared of this lockup because it was not an IPO. I feel like the funds that got involved in the secondary were probably more long-term oriented. That said, lockups do generally make me nervous, and can become a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm looking hard at how I'm positioned right now. Considering getting defensive for the rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.