Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't someone publish a positive article to counter all of the BS hit pieces that have come out since earnings? I wasn't sure how today was going to go and although it's not over it clearly seems like today is going to be a bad day (depending on your perspective), and tomorrow is Tuesday which is almost always down as well. While I wasn't expecting the stock to go to $200, I felt somewhere between $160 and $175 would be reasonable, it would appear that in the short term at least, I was wrong. Clearly there is still a sizable amount of people who are betting on Tesla failing and will do whatever they can to influence that belief regardless of what Tesla reports in their earnings.

Jeff

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/talking-numbers/cramer-why-m-betting-musk-170524629.html

I think this video and Cramers change in sentiment, that Tesla is beyond traditional valuations metrics and that you simply cannot bet against Elon, is going to be a growing trend in the next couple of months or so as more and more shorts and naysayers realize that Tesla is for real and not some faraway dream for rich people. It seems that slowly people are finally starting to see what we saw several years ago, and this should be very positive for the stock and the company in general.

Finally registered, I appreciate the input from regulars on this forum. Any opinions on price movement tomorrow (Tesla Tuesday)? My trailing stop (-$12) triggered this morning from last week's highs, but I been long since $118. Looking to buy back in.

Why can't someone publish a positive article to counter all of the BS hit pieces that have come out since earnings? I wasn't sure how today was going to go and although it's not over it clearly seems like today is going to be a bad day (depending on your perspective), and tomorrow is Tuesday which is almost always down as well. While I wasn't expecting the stock to go to $200, I felt somewhere between $160 and $175 would be reasonable, it would appear that in the short term at least, I was wrong. Clearly there is still a sizable amount of people who are betting on Tesla failing and will do whatever they can to influence that belief regardless of what Tesla reports in their earnings.

Jeff

Seriously, right? I'm waiting for the articles to come out that point out how the Model S outsold large luxury sedan competitors AGAIN in Q2.

I don't get why people are banking on this. Elon even said it's just something to get minds started...
I don't think they are in. In fact, my read of Citizen-T's comment is that it is both an upside cap and a downside warning. If that's what he meant, I agree. At least in the near-term, I see Hyperloop as a potential cause of damage to TSLA (the stock). Many are just getting their heads around EVs generally and recognizing Tesla Motors role specifically, and I think Hyperloop will likely stretch them too much. If Hyperloop comes off as "crazy inventor idea" the "crazy" will stick to "inventor" (with the "idea" vanishing from discussion), and then the "I told you so" crowd that doubt Elon have something to talk about.

I don't think they are in. In fact, my read of Citizen-T's comment is that it is both an upside cap and a downside warning. If that's what he meant, I agree. At least in the near-term, I see Hyperloop as a potential cause of damage to TSLA (the stock). Many are just getting their heads around EVs generally and recognizing Tesla Motors role specifically, and I think Hyperloop will likely stretch them too much. If Hyperloop comes off as "crazy inventor idea" the "crazy" will stick to "inventor" (with the "idea" vanishing from discussion), and then the "I told you so" crowd that doubt Elon have something to talk about.

Ok. looks like we are going to be closer to 140 than 150 today. I have a relative who is buying in if we get to 140. Anyone else buying the stock here today versus puts/calls?

I bought in some shares on the dip below 143.. Anyway the real question here is.. Are we going to have a recovery on a tuesday??

EDIT: I just saw the volume at 13:40 and 13:46 that caused the drop... However, I'm glad that the effect is minimal.. Looks like loads of people buying the shares on each dip.. Just not enough to offset the sellers today since some are "dumping".. and woah we're back up to above 143.. This isn't so bad afterall! Consolidation is good! Steady climbs up to the ATH is better than hitting ATH every day (more stable this way I suppose)

nice pick up. I grabbed weekly 148/155 spread options, but i think in hindsight that was the wrong thing to do, I should have gone for the common. I think we found a good amount of support and if I was shorting today I'd be exiting while it's low.

- - - Updated - - -

Tasmanian- What do you mean you bought another 9? Shares?

The pop from earnings wasn't enough to pull us out of the current range. I'm surprised how fast we fell back down, but I think we are just continuing the trend that we've been in all year (which is a good thing, btw). I didn't play it right, I should have unloaded all my Aug calls on Thursday like I originally planned. I did let some go, but held on to too much.

Oh well, plenty of cash on hand and looking for a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.