Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but i'm not following you, please explain

He's essentially saying separate your heart from your mind. Everybody wants to see Tesla lower so they will get in, but the funny thing about us humans is we have a tendency to exaggerate. Once Tesla dips, you are going to set an even lower target. It's just standard behavior. When the price goes up we have a bias to prop up our targets (if we have the stock/interest). All of these sentiments mean nothing till you press the button. It's standard behavioral finance.

Set up your stops based on facts and trade on that.

He's essentially saying separate your heart from your mind. Everybody wants to see Tesla lower so they will get in, but the funny thing about us humans is we have a tendency to exaggerate. Once Tesla dips, you are going to set an even lower target. It's just standard behavior. When the price goes up we have a bias to prop up our targets (if we have the stock/interest). All of these sentiments mean nothing till you press the button. It's standard behavioral finance.

TSLA is not an issue for me chosing trading or investing but the all market itself.
i don't want to see TSLA lower and as far as i concern they can hit 1000$ but don't expect me to invest in something that the market value more then i do. again i repeat it's not about TSLA but the market as a total, it's overvalued as far as i concern and i'll wait for it in a lower levels.
Set up your stops based on facts and trade on that.

but i do :)

I can't believe it. My limit order to sell to open sep2(weekly) call @170 for $6.5 get executed! And it was the absolute high of the moment. It is at $5.3 now. You can calculate my gain of the 200 calls, just on paper:

170CallMask.jpg

This is the first time I ever execute an option trade at the best price, so I am a bit excited. :) For option, you always suffer the ask/bid split a lot more severe than the shares. Typically as soon as the trade executed, you would already incur a loss immediately.

Last edited:
hello SEC is someone there hello?!
yesterday offering, today price raise, well somebody have fun here

Information is just trickling in. Looks like there was some confusion. People thought that GS was recommending that clients buy TSLA. This is not the case, the buy-in list is somehow related to lending of shares. False alarm. Looks like the market quickly corrected after it realized the mistake.

I can't believe it. My limit order to sell to open sep2(weekly) call @170 for $6.5 get executed! And it was the absolute high of the moment. It is at $5.3 now. You can calculate my gain of the 200 calls, just on paper:

you are a lucky devil...
24,000$ in 5 min that's not a bad day to say the least

- - - Updated - - -

Information is just trickling in. Looks like there was some confusion. People thought that GS was recommending that clients buy TSLA. This is not the case, the buy-in list is somehow related to lending of shares. False alarm. Looks like the market quickly corrected after it realized the mistake.

confusion my (beep)

even if GS banker will spend the rest of their life in alcatraz prison it still won't be enough punishment for their crimes

I can't believe it. My limit order to sell to open sep2(weekly) call @170 for $6.5 get executed! And it was the absolute high of the moment. It is at $5.3 now. You can calculate my gain of the 200 calls, just on paper: This is the first time I ever execute an option trade at the best price, so I am a bit excited. :) For option, you always suffer the ask/bid split a lot more severe than the shares. Typically as soon as the trade executed, you would already incur a loss immediately.
So what made you start shorting TSLA?

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements

Hi Kevin, just curious can you share your exit plan if the trade goes against you (ie., what's your stop loss)?

Sure Dave. It is all about hedging, ie now that TSLA has come back to $170 level, this particular trade does not have the same gain when TSLA drops, my overall balance actually increased quite a lot due to my other long position. If TSLA continue to rise, my gain will be less but still the gain overall will be handsome.

As I stated earlier, my overall position is moderately long. So it is not a simple short.

It happens I like to catch these inexplicable daily Significant turn. Sometime it works in my favor sometime it doesn't. But doing short options gives me extra cushion because of the time vale decay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.