Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one day this love will go down and would never return, not every decline in price people needs to rush and buy like a blind bull.

The cold death of the universe would ensure that you are 100% correct, but assuming the Efficient Markets Hypothesis holds (which very few people on this forum would believe, but let's just roll with it), there is always a 50-50 chance that any stock will move in any direction. So there is no guarantee that Tesla will at any point in a reasonable timeframe be cheaper than it is today. Just like there is no guarantee that it will ever be worth more.

Ok so elon says it's not crazy to short tesla anymore. I feel like that's going to give us a really, really good buying point. I'm about to jump in tomorrow with a lot more cash. Nothing fundamentally changed about tesla, in fact everything looks good with the stock. And the support after hours? Besides that initial whopping fall to 158 it looks like it rebounded faster than I could get to the computer. Who here wouldn't love to be buying at 158? I think that says something about the strength of the stock.

He has been pretty quiet on Model X, and we know that he has it out for the shorts. I think he is just playing the shorts. I also don't think tesla will be missing anymore deadlines. I have a feeling he will out of the blue announce "model x will be starting production next week", and catch everyone off guard. (That's at some point in the future). I think they learned their lesson with promised delivery dates. Our car is ready 10 days ahead of the original delivery date.

Can you imagine if he reals in the shorts with comments like that and a few weeks later pulls a Steve Jobs type "and one more thing" only with his own Elon style flare.

Seriously redharel, do you really think that Elon goes around thinking about how to get the Stock up? He does not want it to og up to fast. He`s just honest, and the best thing is if it goes up slowly.
If he would og on say that its cheap and announce thing he couldnt promise then it would og to 250 and right back to 100

The cold death of the universe would ensure that you are 100% correct, but assuming the Efficient Markets Hypothesis holds (which very few people on this forum would believe, but let's just roll with it), there is always a 50-50 chance that any stock will move in any direction. So there is no guarantee that Tesla will at any point in a reasonable timeframe be cheaper than it is today. Just like there is no guarantee that it will ever be worth more.

There is a 50-50 chance that a flipped coin will turn up heads or tails. There is a better than 50% chance that Tesla continues it's climb. Most of the risk has been rung out of this stock.

He has been pretty quiet on Model X, and we know that he has it out for the shorts. I think he is just playing the shorts. I also don't think tesla will be missing anymore deadlines. I have a feeling he will out of the blue announce "model x will be starting production next week", and catch everyone off guard. (That's at some point in the future). I think they learned their lesson with promised delivery dates. Our car is ready 10 days ahead of the original delivery date.

Can you imagine if he reals in the shorts with comments like that and a few weeks later pulls a Steve Jobs type "and one more thing" only with his own Elon style flare.

That's kind of what I think may happen - as a result, since I am Sig #2, I have always made sure I am ready to write the check should I get the call of 'time to configure' sooner than expected.

Go on, Tesla. Call me. Dare you.

Ok so elon says it's not crazy to short tesla anymore. I feel like that's going to give us a really, really good buying point. I'm about to jump in tomorrow with a lot more cash. Nothing fundamentally changed about tesla, in fact everything looks good with the stock. And the support after hours? Besides that initial whopping fall to 158 it looks like it rebounded faster than I could get to the computer. Who here wouldn't love to be buying at 158? I think that says something about the strength of the stock.

+1: Will be checking the price as often as possible tomorrow.

I concur with the sentiments of others who indicated that they like a CEO who speaks humbly. The beauty of Elon, in my opinion, is that you can see the twinkle in his eye when he says some of these things because you just know he is going to do everything in his power to exceed everyone's expectations. So far, he has done just that..........

Also, about the valuation of the stock and short sellers. He had very similar comments when the CNBC toured his factory last month.

+1: Will be checking the price as often as possible tomorrow.

I concur with the sentiments of others who indicated that they like a CEO who speaks humbly. The beauty of Elon, in my opinion, is that you can see the twinkle in his eye when he says some of these things because you just know he is going to do everything in his power to exceed everyone's expectations. So far, he has done just that..........

Also, about the valuation of the stock and short sellers. He had very similar comments when the CNBC toured his factory last month.

For me it is the "I dare you" smirk that gives thing away.

I remember the last time he said not to short Tesla. It was right before/during a secondary offering where the stock went through some rough times. What he says literally doesn't matter to Wall Street one way or the other. Honestly, I can't imagine Tesla going much higher unless people do short it. With my tin foil hat on, I think Elon knows that the best thing is for history to repeat itself. Let a massive amounts of shorts come in before Q3, show a GAAP profit, tons of demand, and increased guidance (which judging by vin numbers looks like it's going to happen), and watch the stock double again.

In fact, I wish Elon would have simply said "I would short Tesla right now, the valuation is crazy". He is being too nice. I want to shorts to make Tesla another billion dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.