Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing yet from the firefighter. They did a quick recap of the story. However they iterated that no one was hurt and that tesla has the car in its possession.

If Tesla has the car, tomorrow or monday they should release their findings. Maybe a pic/video of Elon and team looking at under carriage. Knowledge......Anticipation.....Patience....Brings rewards

Nice play on the 170 calls this week Kevin

Good time to buy stock. Probably a good time to buy options, but I am skeptical because of the severity of the news that came out. This fire is a big deal for many reasons and the stock price is a big unknown right now. Too much risk for me.

I got a bunch of DITM calls. The premiums are pretty low so volatility is not such an issue. It provides more leverage than buying the stock but I won't lose everything if it goes down to $160.

from several minutes and pages ago ;-)

OK, so a firetruck chaser this time - well, at least that's a variation of the tired old ambulance niche.

Isn't the 'fact', as reported somewhere, that the firefighters first tried to put it out with water before they changed to chemical a pretty solid further indication of inherent safety in Tesla battery packs? Provided true, of course. You don't want to pour water on 400 Volts, normally.

But I still think Tesla and/or Musk should issue a brief statement. Obviously they do not have full facts, but then say so! And declare that you intend to find them and take any responsible action deemed prudent as soon as you do have them. Own the news. Act, not react.

MHO

good point. Looking forward to seeing someone smart say that on cnbc today. However. What about that interview with the firemen? And citizen: where is your buying point?

This is true. E.g. if you buy calls now with TSLA at $170, you might have to pay high IV. Then if TSLA settles down and trades in a range around $175 for two weeks, you will probably be able to buy those same options for less. The risk is that there is a sharp reversal and TSLA blows past $180 and you missed the last great buying opportunity.

I think in situation like this, there is other overwhelming factors than the high IV. At least that is not something I would consider when placing my trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.