Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty mad! I got in at around $30 in November and now here we are over $60 premarket... I am very tempted to take profits on half of my holdings if this stays and my return is 100%+

I guess we'll see what happens when the market is open.

Understandable temptation. Just keep in mind the excellent words of Curt Renz a few pages up:

This is the once in a lifetime stock for which trading range players regularly experience regrets, while long term investors quietly maintain huge smiles.

:cool:

perhaps my post was too subtle,

on Tesla Motors, a couple of posters report that the June issue has a tease for next month's issue that reads

"ROAD TEST, THE BEST VEHICLE WE'VE EVER TESTED: TESLA MODEL S"

Consumer Reports Next Issue (July) Preview: | Forums | Tesla Motors

for those not familiar with Consumer Reports, here in the states it is extremely sober, thorough and well respected in it's review process. I think this easily matches the Motor Trend Car of the Year (as long as it's not some kind of hoax... two different posters did say they saw it).

perhaps my post was too subtle,

on Tesla Motors, a couple of posters report that the June issue has a tease for next month's issue that reads

"ROAD TEST, THE BEST VEHICLE WE'VE EVER TESTED: TESLA MODEL S"

Consumer Reports Next Issue (July) Preview: | Forums | Tesla Motors

for those not familiar with Consumer Reports, here in the states it is extremely sober, thorough and well respected in it's review process. I think this easily matches the Motor Trend Car of the Year (as long as it's not some kind of hoax... two different posters did say they saw it).

Excellent. And good news as Consumer Reports is widely regarded and important that they didn't find things wrong after the initial enthusiasm. But, we all already knew this. :)

I think the absolute safety of the Model S is often overlooked also.

folks, there's something from another thread that may have been part of this crazy stuff in the stock

Consumer Reports: - Page 5

click link in Soflason's post (#49)... you may consider relevant to deciding whether to sell or hold.

It's just another raving Model S review, hard to see how that has to do with the current craziness. But in the July issue, that will keep Tesla in the spotlight over the summer, so that will be good.

I suppose this is somewhat subjective, but I think most people familiar with Consumer Reports would put them as the least likely reviewer to "rave". Yet to say the car is the best vehicle they ever tested, I don't think there is a higher "rave" any magazine could make. I think it adds a kind of legitimacy to a segment of buyers no other magazine could.

Re Consumer Reports
It also serves to a different audience that Motor Trend or others. This now introduces 'something spectacular to consider' to a more mainstream group, aligning with the new lease program aimed at the 10%. Nice timing

I'm currently sitting in front of my computer right now, saying "patience my boy, patience" as my fingers itch to press buy and get into the stock before earnings. But the smart thing to do is wait till Thursday and/or Friday. I have a very good feeling that the extreme amounts of optimism is a quarter too soon. I think I'll sit this one out, and buy into Q2 and Q3.
I hope Consumer Reports has a great review to keep the stock going upwards, usually market psychology is "sell in may and go away". I think a lot of the run-up might be fueled by the broader market, and a correction (or breather if you prefer) in S&P and DJIA might put some downward pressure on TSLA. There is a lot of talk about Elon's 5 part trilogy and the Supercharger announcement and the "under your nose" announcement that are going to be out next week and the following week, respectively, but I don't think the market cares about that as much as they care about the actual numbers and if TSLA doesn't deliver tomorrow night, we might be headed back to $50ish.

I'm gonna stick with that, and keep a set of limit buys from $45-$55, here is hoping for a 15%+ correction on Thursday.

I suppose this is somewhat subjective, but I think most people familiar with Consumer Reports would put them as the least likely reviewer to "rave". Yet to say the car is the best vehicle they ever tested, I don't think there is a higher "rave" any magazine could make. I think it adds a kind of legitimacy to a segment of buyers no other magazine could.

Yes, if the CR review is as positive as it sounds, then I'd think that this, in addition to the MotorTrend review and others, will be a strong indication that Model S makes an impression on car experts which will assure huge long term demand and success.

I guess I missed when he changed his mind about Tesla?
last I heard he was staying away. but that was a while ago.

Seems he loves the Model S

Don't think he really changed his mind. Most of his audience of advice serves a more conservative investment profile. Even when he didn't like the stock/company for it's risks to his clientele, he talked positively about Elon and the product itself. I'd surmise, At some point the risk profile will be a little more attune to his audience and he'll recommend it in small doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.