Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've written earlier, TSLA is my ingle largest position, and with this staggering last several days my overall portfolio is way overweighted with this one stock. If all my other investments could keep up, that would be great....but I hate being this exposed to one position. Ouch.

Well like Randy Newman says, You've Got A Friend In Me. I'll send you my PayPal account and just take that pain away good buddy. To infinity and beyond...

Poppin' bottles like we won a championship game!

elon-musk-with-champagne.jpg

Some time ago I asked about trying to catch a good price on the squeeze and got good advice to sell in increments on the way up. At the time, I'd thought $60 would be my first increment, but I'm wondering now. I'd love to see $90 :). At that point, I could sell 1/2 and pay off my car...

We were in at the IPO, and have always fully intended to stay long. After getting a feeling in my bones, I decided to average up and bought another chunk on Friday at $55.60. Sure glad I did!

One only gets a few chances in life to catch a disruptive shooting star like this. I am delighted to be making bank on something I really believe in.

I am no expert, but I suspect TSLA will gap up again. I think that the smarter money among the shorts realize that it is game over, that only so much volume is available before Wed., and that the earnings announcement will be at least an upside surprise, and that new longs will emerge then to bury the slow to cover. That is my story and I am sticking to it! See everyone in the AM.

Sleep well all...

There are going to be some margin calls tomorrow. Up to $60.19 on 26k AH volume which means little, should be interesting what the morning brings. I have no idea what will happen but I do know this bull has big freakin' balls. Go bull!

Indeed, in the morning many shorts may be getting calls to cover. The key is for none of us longs to be willing to sell them shares. It's the lack of shares being offered for sale that would truly make it a short squeeze. If no one is selling, the sky's the limit.

Indeed, in the morning many shorts may be getting calls to cover. The key is for none of us longs to be willing to sell them shares. It's the lack of shares being offered for sale that would truly make it a short squeeze. If no one is selling, the sky's the limit.

Yes, but you get 2 days to cover. And by the way I think that you should be a very big player indeed to let your trading decisions be driven by how you think it will influence the stock price. Personally I would welcome everyone else not lending shares to shorts, but if I can get a good return I will lend mine any day. That expected return will in 99.99999% of cases be higher than the minuscule effect I can have on the stock price by not lending them.

- - - Updated - - -

If no one is selling, no one will make money. While a squeeze to $100+ is possible, TSLA won't stay at those levels. To maximize our profits we should all decide to sell at the same price. I would be OK with $100. :smile:

Oh, and we should decide on the type of corporal punishment for those selling below that!

LOL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma

Exactly and I think with earnings so close many holders will be inspired to wait it out as good news is expected. The general attitude I'm hearing from folks is they want to hold on through the earnings call and guidance which if holds means very limited shares will be available to sell. And there are plenty of "late comers" who would just like to buy a piece ASAP as well.

And with Jefferies bumping its rating up this morning to an amazing $68 - look out.

- - - Updated - - -

Some serious volume in the pre-market. Up almost 5% on volume of over 50,000 with about 45 minutes of pre-market activity left.

This is pretty mad! I got in at around $30 in November and now here we are over $60 premarket... I am very tempted to take profits on half of my holdings if this stays and my return is 100%+

I guess we'll see what happens when the market is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.