Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I called my congress rep's office urging them to vote to end the government shutdown which is getting ridiculous. If you have TSLA shares/options, consider calling your congress rep and senator's office and voicing your concerns. Each day the shutdown is causing needless economic damage (gov't workers with no pay and not working, weakening confidence, etc) and that is/will reflect in the equity markets. And then there's the debt ceiling, which if isn't raised will be very, very bad news to the markets.

In terms of price action, it looks like TSLA is holding above the $164 resistance level from last month. Today it crossed the 50 day moving average of $163.55 and but held above it throughout the day. This is the first time TSLA has touched the 50 day moving average since it broke out over $40. I still think it's going to be difficult to break the $160 barrier but there's always risks especially with the debt ceiling deadline looming.

Personally I was a buyer today under $165.

i bought more today too.

For What it's Worth - I called the Austin Service Center today for my 12,500 mile service. They are happy to schedule me any time, however there are no loaners. They were all sold in September at the end of the quarter. So while that means some extra revenue for Tesla (if this happened nationwide, which is sort of what was implied, 35 Service Centers in NA, times a handful of cars each, say 200 cars sold at $90K average, $18M revenue) more importantly it means demand is still really high. People want this car. I think if people feel Q2 exceeded expectations, I can't wait to see what they call Q3 results.

Two of my friends ordered Model S's just today.

I tend to believe that a luxury car purchase should be a relatively "easy" purchase to make, especially since it's targeted for more "affluent" buyers.
We're off-topic again, but I think you're wrong on this one.

We have an abundance of TMC anecdotes that point to a Tesla Model S purchase as "not a typical luxury purchase from a typical luxury buyer". In fact, for most it's not a luxury purchase at all but rather a premium purchase. You might ask, "What's the difference?" If I buy a hammer that lasts 30 years and doesn't need any maintenance work, that's a premium purchase. If I buy a hammer that has a fancy paint job and breaks in a week, that's a luxury purchase.

People have many reasons for buying Model S and a lot of them are stretching their budgets -- paying 2-3x what they would have considered sane in the past. "Easy" isn't even close to accurate for such buyers.

I can't help but notice that some folks on this board have no plans when TSLA goes down. What if TSLA goes to $100? still hold? at what point are some of you planning to sell? Is it really ride it all the way down?

My thought is don't sell for less than you paid. When I started buying, it was with the thought that it's a good cause, and if TSLA goes up enough I'll be able to buy the car. If if it tanks, I won't be able to get the car. Well I've got the car and am going to give TSLA at least another year before selling any significant fraction of my remaining stock.

If it keeps going down, I'll ride it all the way down. At least now I have my Model S.

I don't think so, but I don't know. Next 15 minutes will give a flavor. The last few days it's been up pre-market and the amount has shrunk as we approached the open. Let's see if it can hold $5+ today.

And in really big news, since I have posted more than 500 times, I have upgraded status from junior member to member! Now that's a momentum play!

Another one of those days, like yesterday, where we open up $4 and then drop $15?

I don't think so, but I don't know. Next 15 minutes will give a flavor. The last few days it's been up pre-market and the amount has shrunk as we approached the open. Let's see if it can hold $5+ today.

And in really big news, since I have posted more than 500 times, I have upgraded status from junior member to member! Now that's a momentum play!
Haha nice :)
$175 is a big resistance point though, and so is $178 (the 20-day SMA).. We need to crack both of those on the open with high volume.

I don't think the politicians will agree on the debt ceiling issue until the last minute just like what happened in 2011. If TSLA spikes a little on opening, I would sell any weekly options you have and wait for a better buying opportunity in the next couple of weeks. I now only have common shares of TSLA and am waiting on the sidelines with my cash ready...

I don't think the politicians will agree on the debt ceiling issue until the last minute just like what happened in 2011. If TSLA spikes a little on opening, I would sell any weekly options you have and wait for a better buying opportunity in the next couple of weeks. I now only have common shares of TSLA and am waiting on the sidelines with my cash ready...

I should have listened.... I have another week though, not like its going to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.