Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Fidelity's (FMR LLC) stake announcement a few posts above...

Is my logic about this. Am I right or wrong?

my thinking is that since they only lowered their position by 25% is actually not a bad sign. they way I see it is that the entire market is in shambles due to the Government shenanigans, and Fidelity has an obligation to its customers. so if they only lowered their position by 25%, to me that tells me they have a 75% confidence that the stock will go up higher.

If Fidelity didn't lower their position and the market tanked taking Tesla with it, then in their customers point of view, that would be irresponsible.

what you guys think?

Last edited:
Wearing the 20/20 hindsight glasses, I suppose we could view the debt ceiling as the catalyst for a correction that was due anyway, hence there'd be no strong rebound.

There are two ways to look at this.

1) The debt ceiling drop caused us to fall out of the channel and now the stock is broken. The other guys don't have broken trends, that is why they can move up so well and TSLA can't.

2) TSLA is lagging the move and can be expected to make up for it in the coming days.

Need to punch through $175 then we need to get back above $178. Will not be easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well something good must have happened. In the last few minutes Tesla has rallied from $172 all the way to $174 on volume. Not much of a rally, but it's something :) Might be a good time to keep track of it for potentially exiting losing trades on weeklies :)

Looks like Northland Capital just let the cat out of the bag that estimates on deliveries are far far too low. They said that VINs indicate something like 8000 cars were built. Tip via twitter, trying to find a legit link.

This is what Im seeing, aka a big blur. Searching for technical support to establish the bottom of what we hope will be the new upward channel.

SVAaY5ZS.png

There are two ways to look at this.

1) The debt ceiling drop caused us to fall out of the channel and now the stock is broken. The other guys don't have broken trends, that is why they can move up so well and TSLA can't.

2) TSLA is lagging the move and can be expected to make up for it in the coming days.

I think we'll punch through. Q3 window dressing is over and the big money is waiting on the government stuff to be resolved. They probably also want to see that this isn't a dead cat bounce either... hopefully tomorrow will be a good uptrend for TSLA

I think we'll punch through. Q3 window dressing is over and the big money is waiting on the government stuff to be resolved. They probably also want to see that this isn't a dead cat bounce either... hopefully tomorrow will be a good uptrend for TSLA

This is on LinkedIn but i think this is alot of the plays we are going to see in these high flyers and to TSLA. Tomorrow and Monday could be interesting, we could see the runs continue or pull back yet again.
The recent sell-off could create some short-term trading opportunities though. Parets (president of Eagle Bay Capital) said he purchased shares of LinkedIn because he expects it will bounce back between 5% and 6% by the end of the week. But he thinks the stock ultimately will head lower from current levels. bug.gif

Just wanted to put on record that I loaded up 100% on solar and TSLA today and I am all in. I even threw the kitchen sink at it. If the politicians screw this one up, then I am screwed.

Like I said I have faith in our politicians and they have to do what is right for the people. They can't continue hurting our economy long-term with the games they are playing.

Good luck everyone.

Just wanted to put on record that I loaded up 100% on solar and TSLA today and I am all in. I even threw the kitchen sink at it. If the politicians screw this one up, then I am screwed.

Like I said I have faith in our politicians and they have to do what is right for the people. They can't continue hurting our economy long-term with the games they are playing.

Good luck everyone.

I agree that it will be resolved, but the 17th is still many trading-days away... your thoughts?

Good luck everyone.

Sleepyhead, you've made me a lot of money, but this move may be a little too early. Also, I don't know how anyone can have faith in the US politicians after everything you've been through.

The first offer by the GOP will be rejected because it doesn't do anything about the government shutdown. The white house explicitly warned that the deal must be clean and solve both the government shutdown and the debt ceiling.

This is a repeat of the 2011 debt ceiling debate. I hope people remember that disaster.

TSLA Chart 10/10/2013

tsla 10.10.13.png

Couple things to note:

1) 10 EMA hasn't cross 20 EMA.
2) RSI is around 50, signaling a fair evaluation based on trends.
3) MACD still showing positive overall momentum.

Tomorrow will be a very telling day. If we close above $174.15 (previous ATH before the lastest run up), I think we set ourselves up for a great run until Q3 ER. If no gov't stupidity from this moment forward, I think we regain $180 by Tuesday. Here's to hoping!

Me too man... me too. But the difference is I'm under water right now :(

I told you guys last week that I will be getting in at a lower price at the end of this week. Let's hope that this is the bottom.

I have a feeling that maybe I got in a little to early, but I really wanted to get in yesterday. Only problem was that it takes forever to transfer money from one account to another.

As long as the politicians get something done and don't let the country default then I should be ok. I am happy with the prices that were offered today and I didn't want to get too greedy and wait for better deals tomorrow, since they may never come.

It will be interesting to see what happens, but TSLA is going to get out of this funk in a very short period of time. Solars on the other hand are so cheap that it doesn't matter if you buy them after a 10% run up. My only worry on solars is that the market won't figure out fast enough how strong the solar industry is looking. If the market takes too long then I may lose out big.

Basically, I placed a huge bet putting faith in our politicians hands as far as debt ceiling goes; and I put faith in the market that the market will properly revalue the solar industry.

I am at the mercy of the pols and market. Don't let me down guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.