Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A correction is prudent, but a correction isn't going to go below $40 unless there is specific negative news.

I'd think you'd be better off playing blackjack. If it was pennies, absolutely, but it's over $2.

Where do you see that? The bid/ask is .05/.15 on my end. Thought it'd be a cheap entry for a impeding correction in the next month. No it won't go all the way to $40 but it will correct a significant %-age from it's current levels.

What does everyone think of Jun13 40 Puts? High open int and this stock will have to correct in the next 4-6 weeks, I'd assume. Thoughts?

I agree with deonb, if you want to place a bet on a lower stock price, I think I would go out past the next earnings report which would put you into the Sep13 Puts, that would at least give you more time in case the earnings disappoint and that causes the stock to drop.

I myself was think of selling some $110 covered calls, nice premium on those SEP13 $110's ($7.20 right now), so it would be like selling the stock for $117 or so (most likely you would keep the premium or could close out the call for less if the price dropped)

Where do you see that? The bid/ask is .05/.15 on my end. Thought it'd be a cheap entry for a impeding correction in the next month. No it won't go all the way to $40 but it will correct a significant %-age from it's current levels.

OK, but unless it goes all the way to $40 you lose all your money. The closer you get to expiration the less time value there will be, so unless is corrects sharply soon I can't seem them ever being worth much money. Not enough potential gain to justify the risk, IMO.

Hi, I'm new here. I bought my tesla stock in November 2011 and added a few options in the last weeks. I am very happy how things are going. :)
Great forum! I learned a lot and my confidence in the stock was reinforced over and over again. Thank's a lot to all folks here!

The last few tuesdays the stock dipped, maybe it has to do with some option-anomalies discussed in another thread, that happen usually on tuesdays...?
I am now unsure whether to sell my short-term-options today or not...
Does anyone have any idea about that?

Only if you hold to expiration. You could close your position out for a hefty profit prior to expiration if there is enough of a drop.

Not if the drop happens too close to the expiration and doesn't get close enough to the strike value. As I said, the time value decreases as you approach expiration, so unless is corrects sharply soon there's a chance you may never make money on the options even if there is a correction.

What I love about this is that every day a bunch of new shorts jump in thinking they can call the top of this thing, just to get run over.

Think about the shorts that opened positions on Friday morning. That was a perfectly reasonable trade. The problem is, it's only two days later and that whole set of traders is going to be getting their margin calls in the morning. We don't even need to burn off the original backlog of shorts. This thing can be fed by the ones that are late to the pain party.

Status
Not open for further replies.