Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a well timed assault. The tell is that there's a Zero Hedge article attacking TSLA. Someone with enough money to pay off ZeroHedge was shorting. I have to admit, the timing, the press, everything was well orchestrated.

Maybe I should post an article on SA to fight back. First draft -

"TSLA good. Shorts wrong."

Did I miss anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. 12.5 million shares traded already. Just like the good old days, last week.

It's a well timed assault. The tell is that there's a Zero Hedge article attacking TSLA. Someone with enough money to pay off ZeroHedge was shorting. I have to admit, the timing, the press, everything was well orchestrated.

There have been no announcements or major positive news since last week that I am aware of, yet it shoots up from 97 to 115. Maybe I'm naive or missed something, but I don't think you need a conspiracy theory to explain the stock dropping back down after shooting up almost 20 dollars in 24 hours on no real news.

There have been no announcements or major positive news since last week that I am aware of, yet it shoots up from 97 to 115. Maybe I'm naive or missed something, but I don't think you need a conspiracy theory to explain the stock dropping back down after shooting up almost 20 dollars in 24 hours on no real news.

The Goldman Sachs interview, Secondary Offering Delayed Reaction, and increased press coverage probably explains the last few rises. I am actually pretty happy about this pullback, it's a healthy pullback. Bull needs to recharge before running again.

It's not a conspiracy. News article are a result of someone wanting to publish it.

The Goldman Sachs interview, Secondary Offering Delayed Reaction, and increased press coverage probably explains the last few rises. I am actually pretty happy about this pullback, it's a healthy pullback. Bull needs to recharge before running again.
I sure wish the bull, and the car, would recharge faster so I can be in the money at the end of the week, and drive farther :)

These complex explanations for a rather obvious problem are quite amusing. This time last tuesday TSLA traded as low as ~ $84. This morning it was at $114. No news. No announcements. It's just noise folks. This is a highly volatile stock so noise is louder at the peaks. Buying at these prices is very risky.

I should also point to one more thing - The minute you see people trotting out stock charts and patterns to explain why they think a stock is about to go up, you should run for the hills. As fast as you can. Take your money and run. The pseudoscientists, astrologers and snake oil salesmen are here to sell you on how to make a quick buck.

The derivative of the hypotenuse of the triangle forming today suggests a sine-wave chart action that if sustained above 104.50 will drive an oscillation in the trendline which could lead to a midday rhombus that could form into a classic textbook Foster's Trapezoid by 4pm and if so, we'll see an aggressive isocoles tectonic at 11:16am tomorrow morning that spells long term health and surefire financial success for all.

Oh, and would you like a copy of my newsletter?

Status
Not open for further replies.