Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Canada, they came up with Tax-free Savings Account (TFSA)account a few years ago. All Capital Gains are Tax-free, and any 'room' you realize with a gain remains even if you withdraw, which you can do as often as you like. It's like a IRA/RRSP except you can withdraw at any time with no tax consequences. The downside is that you can only contribute around $5K annually (it is indexed with inflation to a degree) and investments cannot be leveraged.

I sure wish I had my TSLA holdings in that account. D'oh.

I put all my available TFSA funds into TSLA. :wink:

That said, I wish I bought some TSLA outside of my TFSA, given the limited funds available there...

First world problems indeed...

Is that a new model? Does it feature all of the Merc S Class features combined with all of the Tesla Model S features sans ICE? :love: I want one.

Lol. It just means any vehicle with the same design attributes as the Model S. Especially the all aluminum structure and the use of batteries with life cycle characteristics similar to the NCR18650 batteries that the Model S uses, and the effective range that allows for shallow cycling. Those features make a Model S extremely durable (especially the 85kWh battery).

Various sources on google news claims that Elon Musk made a statement yesterday that the supercharger network would be expanded to 100 stations (US and Canada combined) and this caused the stock to jump to $110 at close... but.. WHERE AND WHEN DID HE MAKE THIS STATEMENT?? I can't find it :eek: (This is separet from the supercharger announcement due for this week according to google news..)

Various sources on google news claims that Elon Musk made a statement yesterday that the supercharger network would be expanded to 100 stations (US and Canada combined) and this caused the stock to jump to $110 at close... but.. WHERE AND WHEN DID HE MAKE THIS STATEMENT?? I can't find it :eek: (This is separet from the supercharger announcement due for this week according to google news..)

These articles seem to source back to a single "article-0" which refers back to the original announcement and the promise of an announcement this week. A Bloomberg story from late last night says:
Shanna Hendriks, a Tesla spokeswoman, declined yesterday to provide details on the timing of the announcement.

Tesla Pushes Electric-Car Viability With Rapid Charging - Bloomberg

Excluding the late afternoon rocket launch yesterday, it's probably good it's settling at $105 this morning.

Could go below $100 easily today.

- - - Updated - - -

Might be a good time to be a buy. Big up yesterday and a big down today, I'm hoping it gets back to $105.00 today but we'll see. The entire market is meh today.

- - - Updated - - -

Just so may sellers today. Hard to blame folks for taking profits. Amazing this was trading hands for $115 a couple hours ago.

The stock just took a $10 nose dive within minutes. I got in at $110 and the next thing I know its at $105.

That was likely due to an entity, perhaps a hedge fund, choosing to short sell shortly before the hour. Then the price appears to have cascaded through automatic stops set by longs as they frequently do when the stock had closed at an all-time high the previous day. This allows shorts to cover (buy back) at a lower price after the cascade has come to an end. That seems to have happened twice this morning.

We've seen this numerous times as TSLA regularly moved to new highs in recent months. It's the reason I do not place automatic stops, but have stops in my mind that I can activate manually.

So far I have not pulled the trigger to sell the TSLA shares I bought in late winter. I see TSLA as a once in a generation opportunity for massive gains for those who buy and hold. The weakness in the general market today is not helpful. A positive Supercharger announcement could be very helpful to both TSLA and SCTY. It will be interesting to hear what Elon has to say at the "All Things D" D11 conference this evening.

Could go below $100 easily today.

- - - Updated - - -

Might be a good time to be a buy. Big up yesterday and a big down today, I'm hoping it gets back to $105.00 today but we'll see. The entire market is meh today.

- - - Updated - - -

Just so may sellers today. Hard to blame folks for taking profits. Amazing this was trading hands for $115 a couple hours ago.

I just realized what an obscene amount of money I've lost in the last hour. Almost as much as I made yesterday.

I just realized what an obscene amount of money I've lost in the last hour. Almost as much as I made yesterday.

I had to get back in, I sold at $94 right before it started skyrocketing. Bought some at $110 and $105. Ugh, the feeling of having to buy $10-15 above your sell price is terrible. Hopefully the supercharger announcement puts some of the weekly options in the money.

Yeah it's insane lol.

I sold some position at $115 in pre-market and rebought it around $110 with the idea I was a genius. Helped a bit but I'm way in the red today. Trying to keep my hand strong through this.

- - - Updated - - -

That was likely due to an entity, perhaps a hedge fund, choosing to short sell shortly before the hour. Then the price appears to have cascaded through automatic stops set by longs as they frequently do when the stock had closed at an all-time high the previous day. This allows shorts to cover (buy back) at a lower price after the cascade has come to an end. That seems to have happened twice this morning.

We've seen this numerous times as TSLA regularly moved to new highs in recent months. It's the reason I do not place automatic stops, but have stops in my mind that I can activate manually.

So far I have not pulled the trigger to sell the TSLA shares I bought in late winter. I see TSLA as a once in a generation opportunity for massive gains for those who buy and hold. The weakness in the general market today is not helpful. A positive Supercharger announcement could be very helpful to both TSLA and SCTY. It will be interesting to hear what Elon has to say at the "All Things D" D11 conference this evening.

I agree, in the long term today doesn't matter. I have some other short term positions that are just being slaughtered though.

Status
Not open for further replies.