Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone on this forum needs to listen to Curt Renz's advice on here. Not to put him on the spot or put words in his mouth but patience is key here. Buy your stock and hold it. Patience. Buy options if you want to play around with quick cash. But just buying and holding has been the absolute best strategy to date.

agree .... I have been playing with options and am wandering if I should just put all of it in shares (I wont for now) When I was very uncertain about the stock i picked up about 600 shares at around 70 dollars each. I recently sold all my options .... most of them at 105 and a few long terms after that at around 108 .... the stock is less stress for sure. I agree ... just hold on to your shares until gen 3 or until you need the cash .... if you want to play the swings just buy an option on a dip ..(start with a longer term option if you are unsure as they are a little safer)

agree .... I have been playing with options and am wandering if I should just put all of it in shares (I wont for now) When I was very uncertain about the stock i picked up about 600 shares at around 70 dollars each. I recently sold all my options .... most of them at 105 and a few long terms after that at around 108 .... the stock is less stress for sure. I agree ... just hold on to your shares until gen 3 or until you need the cash .... if you want to play the swings just buy an option on a dip ..(start with a longer term option if you are unsure as they are a little safer)

Our "Wealth Management" counsel kept making sidewise comments about the volatility of Tesla stock, and that we owned too much percentage of our portfolio. Well, we had bought for $17, but he kept grumping, so a few months ago, we decided to sell a thousand if it ever reached $42, in case he was right.

ARE WE SORRY NOW!!!

The only thing we have to console ourselves is that we still have some left, and we could pay for our car with it. Patience! Don't sell until you see the whites of their eyes. Wait, that was something else. But Patience, stay long, don't sell. Especially if you bought at any decent price more than 6 months ago.

Don't screw it up. Ignore the advice of anyone who does not own a Tesla AND good blocks of stock.

Patience!

After today, I've now made back what I spent on my car. My 'buy and hold and buy some more strategy' seems to be working. I think the support of Tesla fans and Model S owners who believe in the vision of the company is underestimated by traditional valuation metrics. How many other stocks have a thread about them with 3,664 posts...about just their short-term price movements?

After today, I've now made back what I spent on my car. My 'buy and hold and buy some more strategy' seems to be working. I think the support of Tesla fans and Model S owners who believe in the vision of the company is underestimated by traditional valuation metrics. How many other stocks have a thread about them with 3,664 posts...about just their short-term price movements?

You can only say that you've made this money when/if you sell the stock. :)

Alright guys, the next time you're tempted to dump your long-term investment in TSLA cause you think the price has gotten out of hand, please come back to this chart. Here's a glimpse into the future. One year from now.

I think we get used to past stock prices and that's why sometimes current stock prices can seem high. But get used to this stock price from the future, and current stock prices will seem low. :)

And if you still get antsy, buy some puts as a hedge (as shared before here by others) rather than selling stock or take some cash to play the ups and downs with options.

tsla2014c.png

disclaimer: this is just a guess.

Last edited:
You can only say that you've made this money when/if you sell the stock. :)

I'm not sure what difference this makes. I have several accounts, some I have just held the stock, some I have sold and then bought on a drop. I bought the car with proceeds. I can sell out now or stay long. It all counts.

If you buy Axion at $3.00 and it drops to $.17, can you say "I haven't lost any money" as long as you hold the stock?

Alright guys, the next time you're tempted to dump your long-term investment in TSLA cause you think the price has gotten out of hand, please come back to this chart. Here's a glimpse into the future. One year from now.

I think we get used to past stock prices and that's why sometimes current stock prices can seem high. But get used to this stock price from the future, and current stock prices will seem low. :)

And if you still get antsy, buy some puts as a hedge (as shared before here by others) rather than selling stock or take some cash to play the ups and downs with options.

View attachment 24890

Nice Dave, can I borrow your quote time machine? I'd like to see a few other future stock prices as well :)

My price objective has not been met so I am holding for much longer.
Bullish objective: http://4nursebee.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-far-can-it-go.html
More conservative: http://4nursebee.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-far-part-2.html

I like even your conservative outlook very much! :)

And as a matter of fact I don't really think this is utopia. Tesla is actually all we believe it is. I'm getting more and more convinced for every day that goes by.

One thing that is a bit psychologically difficult for me at the moment is the bring my self to buy more shares at the current price, seeing as the shares I currently hold we bought at an average of $31... But at the same time if I believe in your's and my own estimates, I would be a fool not to buy more at this price. I'm off to putting in some buy orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.