Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. we're all unimpressed now. Heh, I know I'm enjoying it.

At $125 there are convertible bonds which will dilute the share pool, but release debt from TSLA. It was $125 at least, not sure if that price point moved.

I think it was 35% above the strike at 92 and change or about 124, but I also think this is if it stays above that number for 20 consecutive days after September 1, 2013.

Beaten to the punch...that being said, no one may be commenting because they are too transfixed by whatever means they watch the market or by spending their paper gains over and over and over. I have probably reconfigured a p85+ about 4 times with different combos.

Cheers

Last edited:
What a great day for all us long term investors. I didn't expect a pop like this from a single analyst upgrade, but I'll take it.
Seems as if there's a lot of pent up demand to own the stock now. Apparently, the street now understands there's increasing demand for model S, which is great. It also appears that Q2 isn't expected to be profitable ( per original guidance at Q1 earnings call). That being said, if TSLA actually surprises and reports Positive EPS, the TSLA will really surge. Exciting times...

We just broke $117 and created a new intraday high (and we may close at an ATH as well). Happy Canada Day y'all! :biggrin:

Yep, closed at new closing ATH of $117.18.

You'd expect there to be some profit-taking at the end of the day, but instead the stock rose signaling likely covering by shorts. It's going to be interesting to monitor aftermarket and premarket tomorrow to see if we gap tomorrow morning to $120.

This feels like it cannot last. I thought I'd never say this of TSLA, but now it's rising on hot air. I simply don't know what to do now - don't want to sell a long term investment, but don't want to sit through the strong dip I sense coming either. I think I'll risk offloading a big chunk and come back in around 90-100 again...

I was thinking today, given that Elon has pointed out a as final goal of a 43b market valuation in around 8 years. The market estimate is that Elon has only 25% equity in reaching that goal.
So from that perspective TSLA is still quite cheap.

At this point TSLA has risen more quickly than any of us could have dreamed. That said, I'm not sure I see a purchase opportunity in the 90's again. Whoever posted that we are all transfixed on our monitors was exactly right. I watched TSLA and worked a few hours in between.

This feels like it cannot last. I thought I'd never say this of TSLA, but now it's rising on hot air. I simply don't know what to do now - don't want to sell a long term investment, but don't want to sit through the strong dip I sense coming either. I think I'll risk offloading a big chunk and come back in around 90-100 again...

In your situation buying some insurance via options is your best bet. I'd start researching how immediately. No shame in placing a bearish bet via options if you are doing it to protect your long position. If I had your conviction that we are headed for hard times, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Every new high is accompanied by "well, I love Tesla, but this is now officially too high" posts. I used to get panicky about gains and consider taking money off the table, and be clever and rebuy later, compounding gains. Every single time the stock just went higher and I lost money relative to holding. I have learned to relax and not even consider it. There is no realistic point the stock could fall where I wouldn't still be way ahead. I will sell some in 2018 :)

In your situation buying some insurance via options is your best bet. I'd start researching how immediately. No shame in placing a bearish bet via options if you are doing it to protect your long position. If I had your conviction that we are headed for hard times, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Thought so myself, and now I have underwater puts at 95, 105, 110 and 115... Together they must have eroded $7 or so out of my position :(.

Trying to call the top of TSLA teaches you one thing: Don't.

STOP think back, when we hit 55 some said including me, this is too high I'm taking a profit... it took till when we hit about 70, I bought back in with not nearly as many shares as I had before... I am never selling any shares anymore... EVER I am only buying. I was crazy to not buy more at 90 in the dip, I thought about it but I passed. TSLA is the most unique stock on the market... Don't ever sell till it is the first stock to have a market cap of 1 trillion dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.